3rd Brake Light Bulbt replacement?

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey guys

Have a 62 pkate Seat ibiza mk5 6j 1.2 tsi SC.

I noticed my third brake light had a bulb out (see pic) and was wondering if anyone knows how to replace it?

Thanks.
23f13caf01e83fefa4b86be815cb2194.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Varies based on model. But generally if you lift the bootlid, on the inside will either be plastic trim that you remove or 2 x round bungs that you can pull out with a flathead screwdriver to gain access to the electrical connector and the fixing clip.

Reactions: everson38

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Varies based on model. But generally if you lift the bootlid, on the inside will either be plastic trim that you remove or 2 x round bungs that you can pull out with a flathead screwdriver to gain access to the electrical connector and the fixing clip.
Ok thankyou for this. Wasnt sure if it was an MOT fail and never noticed it before. Is the light cluster a one piece unit, i.e to replace it you have to buy a whole new nrake light?

Thanks.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ok thankyou for this. Wasnt sure if it was an MOT fail and never noticed it before. Is the light cluster a one piece unit, i.e to replace it you have to buy a whole new nrake light?

Thanks.

It's not an MOT fail so long as 40% of it works. I had the same on my old FR+. I had about 7/12 LEDs out... then a couple more went and it actually threw a light on the dash. But yeah, they are all one unit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members