443HP Pump Gas Dyno

bobqzzi

93 octane, 18psi. Good air today. I planned on using my in cylinder pressure sensing equipment to tune the knock sensors and see how much more boost/timing I could run on pump gas, but it has some sort of software problem, which I hope to fix Monday.

GT30R

Pump_gas2.2bar.jpg

bobqzzi

t18con said:
what are the specs on that car? standard gt30r? all that at only 18 psi? and id assume its an at the wheels figure too!

The numbers are from a Superflow engine dyno.

AMU (which is equivilent to the BAM) shortblock with Carrillo rods.
Ported AEB head (same as AGU)
CAT cams
Ferrea springs, retainers, exhaust valves
Homemade intake manifold
Full-Race exhaust manifold
GT30R w/.86 turbine housing
AER engine management

t18con

Mar 21, 2002
n.i.
Visit site
when you say ported, is that a full professional port, or just knife edging the various surfaces that need it and deshrouding the valves?

pics??????

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Its not max'd by the limiter.... still climbing..
once its spooled up it wants to keep going by the looks of it.
thought there would be more torque...
18psi is barely starting or reying tho...

got some bigger potential in there has'nt it.

bobqzzi

t18con said:
when you say ported, is that a full professional port, or just knife edging the various surfaces that need it and deshrouding the valves?

pics??????

Full professional port.

I'm having a number of heads CNC ported to the same spec.

LMintake_port1.jpg

LMexhaustport1.jpg

LMCombustionChamber1.jpg

Flow chart
FlowData28Inches.gif

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
damn thats some good porting.

plotted out the power & torque for better visualisation.
looks really good.. kinda makes me think GT30 would be better for me... kinda.. :think: (1.24bar gets you this, 1.6bar gets me 410bhp on my PE1820) - I know a guy running this kinda spec on his ibiza, racing against him next year. His car is extremely fast.

gt30r-86.jpg

Last edited:

t18con

Mar 21, 2002
n.i.
Visit site
im taking it thats with the 35 rather than the 30 on it, for thats a big turbo!!! also any details of inside that inlet? is there trumpets ? or more like your own bill? and is that a 4 inch downpipe?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
t18con said:
im taking it thats with the 35 rather than the 30 on it, for thats a big turbo!!! also any details of inside that inlet? is there trumpets ? or more like your own bill? and is that a 4 inch downpipe?

similar to mine.. but not dual plenum, as best I can see. Mine has trumpets inside also.

BOBs Mani internals shown below:
IntakeMani2.jpg

My Mani internals shown below: (dual plenum tho, not single like Bobs looks like)
v1-intake-mani-internals.jpg

its on bobs thread n vortex here>> http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2357760

regards
bill

Last edited:

thechief

ibizacupra said:
kinda makes me think GT30 would be better for me... kinda.. :think: (1.24bar gets you this, 1.6bar gets me 410bhp on my PE1820) - I know a guy running this kinda spec on his ibiza, racing against him next year.

Bill is he using a PE/GT30 hybrid (on a jabba mani) or is it a manifold specifically made for the gt flange?

bobqzzi

t18con said:

No, its the 30R- it just has the 4" antisurge inlet

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
thechief said:
Bill is he using a PE/GT30 hybrid (on a jabba mani) or is it a manifold specifically made for the gt flange?

As bob lives near Cape Cod in the States, I doubt he'll be using the Jabba Manifold... ;) he'll have something that's less fussy about the brake servo, like ATP or similar.

Just reading that thread on Vortex, the inlet 'blew' - in the same way that bills did?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
m0rk said:
Just reading that thread on Vortex, the inlet 'blew' - in the same way that bills did?

Too thin a material, too sharp an edge on bends IMHO (on Bobs), and some pressure and vacuum behind it.... suk and blow... fatigue the ends, crack.

Thats what happened to mine.

V2 now, with dished ends, thicker material, additional braced supports from plenum to runners, and fingers crossed. LOL

thechief

m0rk i was actually on about the guy Bill is racing against in the UK :p

Last edited by a moderator:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
with any sense the guy bought a left hooker car then :) that way he can have a power steering quick rack too :)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
thechief said:

Tim... the guy I will be racing against (ibiza) has a GT30R on a equal length fabricated stainless manifold.. which looks nice. External wastegated. (Belgian sourced? I think)

Its mounted reversed to intake is drivers side, DP on passenger... 3" DP etc...

Its seriously quick... runs no power steering.. (amazingly)

Its not anything to do with Jabba... all self sourced and self mapped with motec.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.