55 plate pd150 mileage?

mlmt19

Jan 14, 2010
Just outside Edinburgh
I'm looking to buy a pd150 very soon. Found one on autotrader that I like, however the mileage is 130k which is the only thing that is making me think twice as I'm wanting to get a performance clutch and remap etc looking to get 200bhp+ as an end result but I'm wondering if the mileage is something to worry about when it comes to engine mods etc? It also had a full seat service history. So does anyone think that remaps etc would be a bad idea with the high mileage?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I'm looking to buy a pd150 very soon. Found one on autotrader that I like, however the mileage is 130k which is the only thing that is making me think twice as I'm wanting to get a performance clutch and remap etc looking to get 200bhp+ as an end result but I'm wondering if the mileage is something to worry about when it comes to engine mods etc? It also had a full seat service history. So does anyone think that remaps etc would be a bad idea with the high mileage?

if its got a fsh then it should be fine providing its always had pd oil in it, i'd also fit a new turbo if your planning on tinkering.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
So does anyone think that remaps etc would be a bad idea with the high mileage?
If it's running fine there should be no problem.
My last passat (PD130) was remapped around 120k I think, and was going fine when I got rid of it a good few miles later. My current one (also a PD130) was already mapped when I bought it at 90k, and is now on 125k.
My Ibiza (PD130) was remapped from new and engine drove like new at 100k+ when it and I parted company...

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK

Got mine in the fs section mate, all mods done, you'd save yourself a packet ;)

mlmt19

Jan 14, 2010
Just outside Edinburgh
If it's running fine there should be no problem.
My last passat (PD130) was remapped around 120k I think, and was going fine when I got rid of it a good few miles later. My current one (also a PD130) was already mapped when I bought it at 90k, and is now on 125k.
My Ibiza (PD130) was remapped from new and engine drove like new at 100k+ when it and I parted company...

thanks very much. Filled me with a bit more confidence now. Found another at 80k with leather interior that's 6200 so considering that aswell. However it's not got the alloys or front bumper I want but I can change that easy enough.

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
From my own experiences, I really wouldn't worry about getting a high mileage PD150. I bought mine with 128 k on the clock, which had been remapped at around 80k, new clutch around 100k. It had full service history and only 1 owner who did the majority of his miles on the motorway so less stress on the engine etc. I'm up to 143k now and it is running fine except that the boost pipes could do with replacing.

mlmt19

Jan 14, 2010
Just outside Edinburgh
cheeers! hopefully get money sorted out soon. getting a loan through my work and its dragging out quite a bit! then i can go have a look at the car and see what i think. car looks amazing but cant quite stretch my budget that far, gutted tbh!
found another tdi with leather interior 50k on the clock for 6300. so making some enquirys i can only really afford around 6k.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Just make sure you budget in items if your going to mod it though (i.e if you remap it, you will most probably need a new clutch, which is circa £700 for a racing clutch - de-locking will also mean you need to relocate fuse 38 etc).

mlmt19

Jan 14, 2010
Just outside Edinburgh
yeah ill have to do a lot of saving to afford to get everything done that i want. however some things i can save on is labour etc as my mates dad has his own garage so for big jobs i can get them done on the side cash in hand to save me a fair bit of cash. managed to get a new clutch and gearbox fitted on my current car for £300 thats parts and labour. but yeah ill def be getting a racing clutch before the remap so i can get more from it. looking to spend £6500 at the very most and going to try and pay the insurance off as a lump sum so might not be getting anything done to the car for a while.

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Last year i got myself a 2006 mk1 pd150 fr+ (well i think it's a fr+ anyway) on a 55 with 21,000 miles on it. paid £8000 but it was up for £8600.
Tomorrow i'm off to jkm for a revo map !
Is there anything i should be asking about it or have in mind ?
How long do you think my clutch will last ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.