5F unit needed advice or handing car back eary

Nov 29, 2021
We had our Cupra Formentor at the dealership 4 weeks ago now after various issues with the MMI, where the screen fails to boot and all kinds of various warnings telling you all driver aids have stopped working.
They diagnosed it as needing a new 5F unit and told me the parts were showing as it stock. However after 3 weeks of being left without a driveable car due to not being able to adjust the heating and so demist / deice the car in a morning we were told the 5F unit needs to be coded to the car before it arrives with the dealer and they don’t have an update on when it should arrive, I had though the dealership would code the 5F unit to the car when they installed it.
We were then told we should get a hire car however after a week this still hasn’t materialised and not entirely sure it would be like for like.

I was just after some advice really as the lease ends mid June would we have any right to hand the car back early due to it not being drive able and with no end expected date in sight, if not is it worth trying to get seat / cupra uk or VWFS involved to speed things up or do we simply not have a leg to stand on and we just need to keep paying the lease on an car that isn’t really driveable ?
Thanks

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yes - you could escalate it to VWFS or even SEAT UK.
It sounds like you have a justified case for sending the car back early.

The scary part is that Cupra/SEAT don't seem to care.
The dealers certainly don't give a monkeys about sorting cars or finding loan cars.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise