5th gear.... whats the point?

steve998

Not really a serious post.

3rd gear is great off large roundabouts to 85mph

4th is great for joining motorwarys (up to 100mph +)

6th is great for commuting cruising from 40mph to what ever speed

When do i use 5th gear on the road? :p

steve998

i use 4th gear for 30.

6th gear for 40mph.....

anyone have 35 mph:p speed limits?

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
I agree 2 fat presenters, 1 lesbian, 1 geeky student, 1 good driver who needs a job, 1 ex-driver who nearly killed Nigel Mansell. Fifth Gear IT'S A SHOCKER................:headhurt:

Last edited:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
smaller engines dont get the 6 speed box though ... so that rules that one out..

I personally use 5th for the bit between 110 and 125 mph ... :shrug:

steve998

took off in 3rd the other day.... 0 - 85 mph in one gear... Turbo petrol engines are great!

iendicott

Jul 24, 2004
Peterborough
smaller engines dont get the 6 speed box though ... so that rules that one out..

They do, our 1.4 Turbo is married to a 6 speed box, I very rarely use 5th as I usually block change from 4 to 6 for better MPG.

And to the "vicki big bum hendersen", I'd rather see Sabine Schmidt take her place ;)

Last edited:

Maximus2000uk

My FR shifts itself into 5th gear at about 30mph - bloody DSG!

Venom

as the famous quote goes, 5th Gear really is o good, get into top gear as soon as possible:)

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Erm...for those of you slagging off our Tiffany, Vicki, the beardy blokes and Plato, try to cast your minds back to the "Top Gear Xmas special"...riding motor scooters in Vietnam ??? PLEASE !!!

:wtf:

Did anyone find that Fascile piece of garbage :

A) Entertaining

B) Informative

C) Interesting

D) Though provoking

E) A good use of 1.25 hours of BBC airtime and our licence fee ?

To think I wasted over an hour of my life watching the drivel and I want it back ! [:@]

At least Fifth Gear actually test cars we might all buy ... When did any Leon actually appear on Top Gear ?

Answer...never !

The BBC has a responsibility to "inform and entertain" (it's in their charter) ...- that program did neither!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.