6 months with my Exeo

lm62svt

Sep 26, 2013
Essex
Hi all
Second post after 6 months with my Exeo 143 SE Tech, brought ex-dem very low mileage and have now covered 16K+ trouble free miles to date. Original front tyres should see out another 10K I hope with backs looking good for even more.

Mods to date:
LED Interior Lights all round
Battery Covers
Front Lower Grille Chrome Trim
Boot Chrome trim
Rear Seat Ambient Lights
Boot “Bag Hanger”

Still of the opinion that the Exeo is probably the best car I owned but I was, like many people, disappointed with the RNS-E iPod connection although the sound quality through this source I considered to be superior to MP3 on my SD card.

What I wanted to do was use my iPod Touch for music through the RNS-E connection but have more control and visibility of track / artist info and still charge the unit.

My solution was to jailbreak my iPod Touch (apparently not necessary with later iPods / iPhones) to lose the “Accessory Connected” message. Then run a 30 pin extended cable from the glove box connection around the back of the RNS-E then behind the dash to exit at the fuse box panel.

I purchased an iPod cradle with “pass-through” situated this at the extreme right hand lower side of the windscreen and connected the 30 pin extender cable. I can comfortably reach this while driving and select tracks etc. and the iPod charges while in the cradle.

Not a complete solution but I can now see the tracks info on the iPod screen and move forward or back a track and adjust volume using the steering wheel controls when driving. Unfortunately the RNS-E main panel will still just display track 1, 2 etc.

Now looking at the feasibility of installing a reversing camera to display on the RNS-E, does anyone have any experience or ideas on this?

Cornishgreg

Feb 13, 2014
Sounds like some excellent mods, any chance of seeing some images of them, as there are some that I might like to replicate.

Thanks,

Magic3073

Yeah they sound pretty sweet I would like to see these mods. Sorry can't help with your question

lm62svt

Sep 26, 2013
Essex
Hi
Forgot to add Chrome Exhaust Trims to list of mods, will try to take some pics over weekend or failing that over Easter.
If you have any questions on the mods, most of which are "off the shelf" items I happy to help.
Regards

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Hiya!

Glad you're enjoying the Exeo, had mine 5 months so far and done nothing to it! haha

I like the sound of your iPod mod as I'm using the Aux at the moment as like you I think the iPod dock in the glovebox is pants.

I did find the music quality in the dock much better than the AUX so want to improve that really...be interested to see how you did it and where you plugged the cable into the back of the RNS-E

Cheers

Jamie

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.