80MM tip for the LCR - Cheap

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
you are talking bollocks............
not comparing like for like........

I know the facts..[/QUOTE

first off if you read my original comment carefully then you would grasp what im tryin to say , in previous post you have stated for out right performance your tip is by far the best which i still dont dispute but from what the aim was to hit 300 bhp on a realistic dyno so far the only smallport head Leon cupra r is Adams car with sfs tip only running at 1.3 bar , yes i umderstand the test would be fairer if he used both yours n sfs to compare but thats not the point im making , im just simply saying sfs tip is and was more than adequate so i dont service the need for your rudeness as i wasnt rude to you im suprised by the nature of comments , no doubt you will say you domt need my custom anyway but good luck .

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
IMO a persons attitude on a forum shouldn't have an issue with a company poorly copying his products?! I chose Bills TIP as his at the time was the only one with PROVEN results. He has put many hours of R+D in, which, still continues. He is quite right to be miffed at a company copying his design, I know I would be. I chose Bill to do my mapping, as he is the only person I trust to do it(this is my opinion and I'm not trying to start another argument) I'd sooner have someone who's got knowledge and a bit short in forums than someone who has no idea and talks the talk. Bill is always honest, and not out to rip people off. Yes he will be making a profit, let's face it, who makes a product to make a loss????? How many who have slated The V2 have handled it? Not just seen it fitted/online? I've been fortunate to handle all of them. Where I cannot say about angles/geometry so can't say how good/bad the fit is of the others, however, You can see the sfs item isn't as nice looking as the v2(not a smooth finish, a bit flimsy) the cm one is thinner and doesn't fit apparently. Let's keep this about silicone pipes, not peoples attitude.

cupra_r_ick

Jan 29, 2011
My sfs fitted perfect no trimming atall.
I'll be honest, I'd rather have 80 quid in my pocket than bills, and if the cm tip had fitted right i wouldn't be buying a b5 v2.
But it doesn't, so I am

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
IMO a persons attitude on a forum shouldn't have an issue with a company poorly copying his products?! I chose Bills TIP as his at the time was the only one with PROVEN results. He has put many hours of R+D in, which, still continues. He is quite right to be miffed at a company copying his design, I know I would be. I chose Bill to do my mapping, as he is the only person I trust to do it(this is my opinion and I'm not trying to start another argument) I'd sooner have someone who's got knowledge and a bit short in forums than someone who has no idea and talks the talk. Bill is always honest, and not out to rip people off. Yes he will be making a profit, let's face it, who makes a product to make a loss????? How many who have slated The V2 have handled it? Not just seen it fitted/online? I've been fortunate to handle all of them. Where I cannot say about angles/geometry so can't say how good/bad the fit is of the others, however, You can see the sfs item isn't as nice looking as the v2(not a smooth finish, a bit flimsy) the cm one is thinner and doesn't fit apparently. Let's keep this about silicone pipes, not peoples attitude.

well i'm not one off them that slated bills product in terms of quality his is the best in terms how feels and looks (5 ply silicone) compared 3/4 ply in sfs tip but i'm going on figures i've seen both on my car and many others i've seen niki as mapped my car made 283bhp and 293 ft/lbs running stock coolers . stock downpipe and stock catback , only nopticeable mods were relentless manifold and 80mm sfs and even before the relentless manifold was making 270bhp and 306 ft/lbs which as stock manifold cracked all over and blowing its head my main argument is how much more power would my car realistically see with a b5 v2 and would it have been worth the extra £80.

i've said this time and time again b5 v2 in terms of build quality is superior to its rivals but in terms of performance how much better would it be in real terms to validate me spending and extra £80 ? as any ones sfs actually failed ? (not that i've heard of) so the 3/4 ply seems to be more than adequate .

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
lets not forget the rods cant take anything over 300ftlbs lol.

in all seriousness,

its naughty that cm copied bills hard work, but it wont be the first or the last time it happens in business

if you have a good job and can afford it buy bills tip it is the best version around,

if you already have a tip, then dont bother upgrading,

if your skint then buy the sfs/bills alternative

simples

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
What myself and others are saying tho is it really worth the extra £££ over the sfs item for doing the exact same job. Going by whats been said the new V3 one will be designed just like the sfs item now to help lower costs and bring it into line price wise with the sfs tip.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
The billet adapter is always going to bump up the price though, SFS yes have made a similar design, but, the silicone isnt a smooth build internally, and is very bumpy and isn't as athetically pleasing. Im always going to stand by the b5 tip as I own one, and i'm more than happy with its build and fit. Sad truth is, there will always be a cheaper alternative for everything. budget tyres, lidl, knock off iphones, etc etc. People see whats selling well, copy it to make some quick cash with out doing the R+D. Its like insurance in a way, just because an internet company is cheaper, doesnt always work out in your favour when you need to claim.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
The billet adapter is always going to bump up the price though, SFS yes have made a similar design, but, the silicone isnt a smooth build internally, and is very bumpy and isn't as athetically pleasing. Im always going to stand by the b5 tip as I own one, and i'm more than happy with its build and fit. Sad truth is, there will always be a cheaper alternative for everything. budget tyres, lidl, knock off iphones, etc etc. People see whats selling well, copy it to make some quick cash with out doing the R+D. Its like insurance in a way, just because an internet company is cheaper, doesnt always work out in your favour when you need to claim.

Going by the bhp/torque results that the sfs tip users on here have made then I'd say the sfs tip is a bit of a hit in both counts of price and performance.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I had the V1 B5 on the same dyno and made less bhp and torque on mine compared to the SFS, not the V2 so can't comment on that, car is more responsive now with the SFS on and I didn't think the quality was bad at all in any area. Was a perfect fit.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.