A few issues I noticed with Leon Mk4

Tell

Staff member
What I typed early... but still may apply ;). The car will have voice recognition in it when disconnected. My mib2 high does, don't use ìt thou. So possibly yes. The dealers get sent on courses for new releases so may well have been told that.

"The dealer might have meant the rich delivery of internet services rather voice recognition unless it has a learning function that's held on the servers whilst the one in the car is bog standard."

Reactions: seatgraham

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
What I typed early... but still may apply ;). The car will have voice recognition in it when disconnected. My mib2 high does, don't use ìt thou. So possibly yes. The dealers get sent on courses for new releases so may well have been told that.

"The dealer might have meant the rich delivery of internet services rather voice recognition unless it has a learning function that's held on the servers whilst the one in the car is bog standard."
Yes, I was going to add to my comment above, that it could be a hybrid approach. Audio may be processed in the car if there's no connection, but it might not benefit from the better processing and perhaps more advanced or more up to date algorithms if offline.

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
This is the explanation in the manual

Attachments

• D7990EC5-FF5F-4D33-BBA9-6E908B64F6E9.jpeg
    D7990EC5-FF5F-4D33-BBA9-6E908B64F6E9.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: Tell and seatgraham

mackan73

Jan 23, 2021
Issues I found so far:

1) Keyless access does not work. According to my reseller it is a known SW fault that will be corrected in a later version.

2) Navigation and compass do often not start in the digital cockpit. I have no issue with the navigation window infotainment system.

3) Sometimes my user settings cannot load. It happens very seldom, and maybe it is connection issues towards the servers.

5) The media sound is sometimes much higher when starting the car, than it was when the car was stopped.

6) Voice control is sometimes triggered without saying "hola hola".

7) The park assist could need some improvements to make it easier to use. I wish it was possible to select type of parking, before parking slots are scanned.

The setting for the start sound level seems to solve issue 5 above.

Added images for issue 2 where the navigation and compass are not started in the digital cockpit. As you can see, the navigator is started to the right in the infotainment system. This issue happens quite often.
The second image is how it looks like when it started sucessfully.

IMG_20210203_120413.jpg

IMG_20210203_124504.jpg

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
If it's like mib2 you get to see the compass in the next turn window if you haven't selected a destination. Once destination is set the compass goes since it uses that window to show next turn, lane positioning etc. Might be some mib2 setting that always show the compass but for next turn that's off. I guess you got something like that going on.

That's the regular map in the bottom screen and the compass before you put the destination in ?. The right will change to next turn guidance.... probably get told I'm wrong in mib3 :unsure:. Well that should be what happens. Might be an option to overide the next turn screen to always show the compass. Lane positioning is shown in the next turn screen so if you dont show that you won't get the detailed turn stuff at junctions.

mackan73

Jan 23, 2021
If it's like mib2 you get to see the compass in the next turn window if you haven't selected a destination. Once destination is set the compass goes since it uses that window to show next turn, lane positioning etc. Might be some mib2 setting that always show the compass but for next turn that's off. I guess you got something like that going on.

That's the regular map in the bottom screen and the compass before you put the destination in ?. The right will change to next turn guidance.... probably get told I'm wrong in mib3 :unsure:. Well that should be what happens. Might be an option to overide the next turn screen to always show the compass. Lane positioning is shown in the next turn screen so if you dont show that you won't get the detailed turn stuff at junctions.

The navigation and compass are not started in the digital cockpit around 20% of the times I start the car.
The compass is stuck in "starting" and the navigation window is just black.
I don't need to select any destination when it works.

Tell

Staff member
The navigation and compass are not started in the digital cockpit around 20% of the times I start the car.
The compass is stuck in "starting" and the navigation window is just black.
I don't need to select any destination when it works.

Probably their on going software issues. Anyone else getting this ?. Comms issue with 4G may be that it's paused until it link up ?.

Think I'll be on mib5 by when I change from from mib2 high which is pretty solid.

shanec07

Apr 22, 2015
Sligo Ireland
In the climate controls is there a certain trick to turning off the air blowing to your feet.always end up into a different application.

Is there a way to keep the temperature in permanent sync? Missing the sync button from my mk3!

Anyone using wireless CarPlay come across this. Music playing through CarPlay, then using say built in nav. Receive a text or a WhatsApp. The display then changes to CarPlay interface for a brief period then goes back to built in nav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Anyone using wireless CarPlay come across this. Music playing through CarPlay, then using say built in nav. Receive a text or a WhatsApp. The display then changes to CarPlay interface for a brief period then goes back to built in nav

I think that's standard for wired CarPlay. It will switch over to CarPlay then back to regular screen automatically - although this is based on mk3 and I rarely use built in nav. Edit - I realise your question is about wireless CarPlay but I don't think there is a difference in functionality (even between car models) bar cosmetic differences.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Yesterday, we found what we believe is another software issue - this time linked to the Heated Rear Window. Having had the heated rear window on in the car for a short (1 mile) journey home from the supermarket, we then found we had forgotten something and had to return. The car had been switched off and locked for a couple of minutes between arriving home and going back out. However, on driving the car back towards the supermarket we noted that the heated rear window was still on (the heated rear window control was still lit on the lighting panel). Stopping, switching off the car and locking it had not cancelled it. We are guessing that it was continuing with its ten minute countdown - a possible software error

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? It would be a straightforward thing to test.

Reactions: Tell

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Yesterday, we found what we believe is another software issue - this time linked to the Heated Rear Window. Having had the heated rear window on in the car for a short (1 mile) journey home from the supermarket, we then found we had forgotten something and had to return. The car had been switched off and locked for a couple of minutes between arriving home and going back out. However, on driving the car back towards the supermarket we noted that the heated rear window was still on (the heated rear window control was still lit on the lighting panel). Stopping, switching off the car and locking it had not cancelled it. We are guessing that it was continuing with its ten minute countdown - a possible software error

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? It would be a straightforward thing to test.
I have mk3 and noticed that with heated seats sometimes they are still switched on (same setting) after a short stop, whereas after a longer break they're off.
That sounds like it's by design - obviously mk4 vs mk3 and heated seats rather than rear window. But same principle probably applies.

Tell

Staff member
Perhaps the count down runs on the basis of the car still being "live" that's 20 minutes in a mib2 till it powers down, that's why your infotainment system plays whilst you sit in it then cuts off. Also why in mib2 you dont need to wait for the navigation to reboot up since its still booted up. That 20 minute window I use to do a map update on a mib2 high unit via the backend menu by opening the door every 15 mins so I dont need the engine running.

Might be where that is coming from. May be out of that 20 minute window it forgets. You could try that.

Reactions: seatgraham

shanec07

Apr 22, 2015
Sligo Ireland
fist time with ACC so not sure if its me doing something wrong or not. but the few times that i have used it on dual carriage way \ motorway with acc on comes up behind a car the distance kicks in starts to reduce speed. indicate and go to over take car speeds up but then when you get closer to the car (can see the car on the digital dash) it starts slowing down quite a bit leading to manual intervention to put the foot down to pass.

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
fist time with ACC so not sure if its me doing something wrong or not. but the few times that i have used it on dual carriage way \ motorway with acc on comes up behind a car the distance kicks in starts to reduce speed. indicate and go to over take car speeds up but then when you get closer to the car (can see the car on the digital dash) it starts slowing down quite a bit leading to manual intervention to put the foot down to pass.
It’s working ok, it’s designed to speed up and continue to the set speed when indicating to be able to overtake safely

shanec07

Apr 22, 2015
Sligo Ireland
Is that in the outside lane. Would still see the car in front untill you have moved out of its path.

Yes in the outside lane. On the screen it sees the car off to the left hand side but still continues to slow down.

Tell

Staff member
Yes in the outside lane. On the screen it sees the car off to the left hand side but still continues to slow down.

It shouldn't be doing that. It could cap your speed if you were trying to go above the digitised road speed or that read of a traffic sign recognition camera if you had that... or put another way the left hand driver speeded up during over taking breaking the digitised road speed but your car driven with ACC would drop back to that speed. That's the only wrinkle I can see if the car isn't faulty. One of the complaints of ACC is when the digitised road speed held on the maps is not correct.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

It should only do that if there was an obstacle in your path. But if you're fully in the right lane, that shouldn't happen - unless the car has some other setting incorrectly set up. For example if the car thought you were undertaking, it might slow. But shouldn't happen if you overtake on the right in your country.

Mr Brightside

Feb 18, 2017
Issues I found so far:

1) Keyless access does not work. According to my reseller it is a known SW fault that will be corrected in a later version.

2) Navigation and compass do often not start in the digital cockpit. I have no issue with the navigation window infotainment system.

3) Sometimes my user settings cannot load. It happens very seldom, and maybe it is connection issues towards the servers.

5) The media sound is sometimes much higher when starting the car, than it was when the car was stopped.

6) Voice control is sometimes triggered without saying "hola hola".

7) The park assist could need some improvements to make it easier to use. I wish it was possible to select type of parking, before parking slots are scanned.

Hi,
I have the mk 4 leon over a month and the keyless entry has never worked properly which is really irritating me as its the main reason i chose the Xcellence model over the FR. Did your reseller same when the SW update would be ready? I have it booked in with the dealer next week but I doubt they will be able to fix it!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members