A few issues I noticed with Leon Mk4

Mayberley

Jan 23, 2021
UK
Keyless entry doesn’t work for me either on my first edition. Locking it is fine but entry works probably 10% of the time at best.

Two other slightly annoying electrical errors are the electric window switch on the front passenger side doesn’t illuminate and the reading light on the back right seat comes on randomly sometimes.

Neither thing major but all quite annoying.

Other than the niggles, love the car.

Reactions: Mr Brightside

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Keyless entry doesn’t work for me either on my first edition. Locking it is fine but entry works probably 10% of the time at best.

Two other slightly annoying electrical errors are the electric window switch on the front passenger side doesn’t illuminate and the reading light on the back right seat comes on randomly sometimes.

On my first edition the rear right reading light kept turning on and off randomly (more so when cold), took it back to the dealer and they replaced the rear lighting unit ( had to take a video to prove it), others have said it could be fixed with a software update but not sure

The window switch sounds like it would need to be replaced too

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Re the parking lights- my first car was a 2002 Polo which was so basic it didn't even have central locking had the parking lights feature. It's been on every VAG product I've owned (and a 2007 Focus). I'm fairly sure that my dad's old Mk.3 Golf did it too, but I'm not entirely sure.
I can better that - my 3rd car, a 1979 VW Derby, (Polo saloon) also had the VAG indicator stalk/parking lights thing, so your Dad's Mk.3 Golf certainly did. There were no buzzers to warn you/remind you about it back then, (unlike my 7.5 Golf) - only a rather dim warning lamp.

Still, not so bad a parking light system, but not as good as the old FIAT way of turning the ignition key back one extra notch from normal - but only possible if doing it whilst depressing a dedicated button next to the ignition barrel. Just turning off the ignition normally kills all other external lights automatically.
It's a great system as you can't leave the lights on, (parking or otherwise) by accident, therefore you can't inadvertently flatten the battery and so also there is no need for them to fit an irritating warning buzzer.

Tell

Staff member

Could be a weak battery on the keyless entry or the remote shielded wherever you keep it although that can be an indication of a weak battery. Back to the dealer on such a new car on that.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Keyless not working as it should has also been an issue for some mk8 Golf owners.

Tell

Staff member
Could be a run of new bad batteries :love:.

They can be pesky. Settled on Duracell on the Ateca now, Amazon Prime. Marketplace can be questionable like SD cards.

Kessy is more heavy on the batteries. Get at least a year out of mine, getting on for two. On the thread some people get much shorter periods with probably questionable batteries which they change to others again with short periods. Reading the voltage is useful but not the final answer. 2016 Ateca doesn't give you a battery warning, VCDS does. Arona does. If it's that volt measurement that doesn't reflect the power that can be delivered. Hence the pesky side of manky batteries that aren't up to it.

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/remote-battery-cr2025-cr2032-replacement.447356/

Saying that the Leon 4 does seem to come with its share of electronic / software issues... changing to a decent sourced battery may be the answer... may be not, but worth a try.

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
I’ve had the same problem with my keyless entry, just the one day last month when it was really cold outside, now I have a problem with losing the sound on Android Auto only, all the sound is still on for the radio etc and I have to do a system reboot on the infotainment system to get it back on.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Does anyone have any issues with Bluetooth Paired Phones? Both my Wife and I have our phones paired with our MK 4 Leon FR. I was driving the car on my own the other day. On the journey to my destination, my phone was detected, but on the journey back it was not. When my Wife drove the car the next day, despite being the primary user with her phone as the primary phone, her phone was not picked up (the system was still searching for my phone). This never happened with our MK3 Leon FR. It always managed to attach to a phone.

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
ive had this issue from day one with connection of iphone if the phone does not connect i open the door and it connects hopefully its an apple problem but never had it on the mk 3

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Strange... never had Iphone problems with connecting it to a VAG group car.

Anyway tomorrow I will take delivery so hope all goes well.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Strange... never had Iphone problems with connecting it to a VAG group car.

Anyway tomorrow I will take delivery so hope all goes well.
Agreed..... We've had no issues with the Mark 1, 2 or 3 Leon..... Only the Mark 4. I think (but this is a guess) that this may be an issue linked to the Primary User since that did not exist on earlier versions.

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
Mine is the same, I cant unlock the front doors using the touch point. I can open the boot without using the key though.

What's strange is if the car is locked and I walk up to it, the front doors wont open when I use the handle to unlock. If I go the boot and open that, then close it and walk back round to the front door it will then register and unlock the car. Is yours the same? If I drive the car and then get out it will lock fine using the touch on the handle.

Tell

Staff member
Mine is the same, I cant unlock the front doors using the touch point. I can open the boot without using the key though.

What's strange is if the car is locked and I walk up to it, the front doors wont open when I use the handle to unlock. If I go the boot and open that, then close it and walk back round to the front door it will then register and unlock the car. Is yours the same? If I drive the car and then get out it will lock fine using the touch on the handle.
Sounds a bit like all the aeriels aren't working for the Kessy... if you are round the back it's reading from the one there but not for the body of the car. The Ateca has two L & R. It's the L on a RHD car where it has the ability to power down after a bit to save power so you then walk around to the right hand side to open up (has the Kessy handles on both sides).

Assume you got Kessy on both sides and they haven't done an Arona of just putting it on one side. Feels a bit like sleep mode kicking in to save power... just won't let you in the front :).

mackan73

Jan 23, 2021
Hi,
I have the mk 4 leon over a month and the keyless entry has never worked properly which is really irritating me as its the main reason i chose the Xcellence model over the FR. Did your reseller same when the SW update would be ready? I have it booked in with the dealer next week but I doubt they will be able to fix it!
My dealer seems to have fixed the issue with keyless access. At least it has worked for a couple of days now :giggle:

Reactions: Tell

theknightbg

Jan 26, 2021
Do you guys know if you could set up a destination on your phone and send it to the car nav system?
I like the idea of using the Nav system on the digital dash.

Tell

Staff member
Do you guys know if you could set up a destination on your phone and send it to the car nav system?
That's within the Seat app that you download to your phone. How good it is I pass since I don't have a mib3. VW had Car-Net for some years. The Seat app is their answer to that.

The Android version is in the Google Playstore under Seat Connect.

There is an Apple version.

You can inspect users ratings.

I can't say the previous version for mib2 high was a great success it did work thou, had Alexa which I believe has been dropped (Seat Media Control app). Subsequently it could be used on the mib2 standards with Wi-Fi, precursor to mib3. I did have that loaded up on my mib2 high but continued to use manual methods of importing POIs for bulk destinations. You havent got that with mib3 so it's your only option apart from keying in destinations on the screen. Suppose to be a POI import options somewhere.

Need version 3 of the app, not series 2. :). Version 3 brings together the older apps designed for mib2, Seat Drive app into one with the Media Control app now called Seat Connect (for Seat Mib3). The mib2 apps were not that great thou.

Last edited:

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Yes you can using the SEAT Connect app. Go to the map icon, find where you want to go and send to car. Works a treat!