a little advce plz

adam_tdi

dervmeister
Feb 27, 2005
walsall
www.peugeot-gti.net
Sorry if this is another similar thread, but I could find all the answers from searching.

At the moment I am using meguirs gold class shampoo and gold class wax. My car is 9 months old and I have a few swirls etc, so I was thinking of getting Megs step1 &2 to go with the wax I already have…. After reading marks (carsparkle) thread on closing down I was browsing his site and came across the klasse/carlack products, now ive heard these mentioned a lot on here but never really understood where they fit in and on what colors you use which etc etc??? But there are pics on his site of a red lcr that looks amazing.

Can I use the carlack product(s) with the Megs I have (I already have 2 bottles of gold class wax) and step 1& 2 if I get them

Thanks in advance.

any other advice would be great :D

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Hi Adam

If you want to remove swirls you need an abrasive polish... see the post by slick "thanks Iain" this will walk you through hand swirl removal....

DC2 will not remove swirls, maybe haelp mask...

DC1 is a chemical cleaner and does not contain abrsives to remove swirling, certiainly not on VAG paint.

regards

Iain

adam_tdi

dervmeister
Feb 27, 2005
walsall
www.peugeot-gti.net
Iain -I thought all polish was abrasive to a degree. If that doesn’t polish out swirls what’s it doing that stage 1 isn’t??? Ill have a read of that thread, thanks

Yin- your looks very good in the pics mate.

Any one know if the Megs wax will work over the first stage of the carlack stuff ok?

A lot of this gets confusing especially all the abbreviations, lol

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Hi Adam,

CarLack68 Systematic Care (CL68SC) will remove any previous products that are already applied to the car that have left some form of coating. This is due to the chemical cleaning agents within the systematic care. In addition to cleaning your, CL68SC will also leave a hard durable acrylic seal that also acts a filler (as some people have discovered) that does a very good job at hiding swirl marks. If you are looking for a pure acrylic sealant then I would recommend CarLack68 Long Life Sealant (CL68LLS) - this contains absolutely no chemical cleaning agents at all so this allows you to place on top of another product if you so require. However, never ever apply an acrylic sealant on top of a soft wax such as carnauba as this may cause adhesion problems and may result in a failed application of CL68LLS. You can however apply carnauba waxes on top of the sealant to give it a brillaint wet look finish. General rule of thumb is CL68SC/LLS for extremely high gloss and P21S for the depth of shine; unless its a white car whereas I would just stick to the CL68 products.

However, if you really want to remove swirl marks from VAG paint then you really need to do a machine polishing session as with most polishes you will simply not be able to generate enough heat by hand alone to break it down. The only polish I know that can be applied via hand and get great results is 3M imperial hand glaze but I'm not entirely sure who stocks that - mainly body shops and the like.

Please don't hesitate to give me a shout/drop me a line if you need further info.

Best regards,

Mark

ps I'm not shutting down now; some company approached me to do all the logistics (ie packaging and shipping orders) at very competitive rates letting me get on with other stuff. So there is life in the old dog just yet. ;)

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi Guys

Reading the thread with interest and just wanted to double check something. Do both the 686SC and 686LLS act as the filler to hide the swirl marks? I understand the differences are the chemical cleaning agents. At the moment i`ve got a layer of Megs NXT Tech wax on the car (ovni yellow), so I guess that would have to come off before I used one of the CarLack products.

Process sounds like
1) Remove wax
2) Wash and dry (Megs gold class shampoo)
3) Apply CarLack
4) Apply wax (Megs NXT Tech wax)

Cheers
Mark
:D

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Iain:

Thanks mate much appreciated! :)

Mark:

The acrylic seal acts in some way as a filler and will do a good job hiding swirl marks. You do not actually have to remove the NXT Tech Wax as the Car-Lack68 Systematic Care will remove the wax for you due to the cleaning chemical agents it contains.

So then = Remove Step 1, continue with 2,3,4. ;)

Mark

ell0070 said:
Hi Guys

Reading the thread with interest and just wanted to double check something. Do both the 686SC and 686LLS act as the filler to hide the swirl marks? I understand the differences are the chemical cleaning agents. At the moment i`ve got a layer of Megs NXT Tech wax on the car (ovni yellow), so I guess that would have to come off before I used one of the CarLack products.

Process sounds like
1) Remove wax
2) Wash and dry (Megs gold class shampoo)
3) Apply CarLack
4) Apply wax (Megs NXT Tech wax)

Cheers
Mark
:D

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Cheers Mark

I`d like to order either the 500ml or 1000ml Car-Lack68 Systematic Care but I see you`re out of stock at the moment. Any idea when you will get some in, and I see the website will take VAT off for us channel islanders!! Always nice not having to phone for the discount!

I`ll keep an eye on the website as well.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members