A little advice on fuel draining/lambda changing (cheers tescos)

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
always used tesco flue (ron 99) and have had any problems yet. think performance has gone down abit or that just mite be me.
said on the radio1 that they have tested the fule and there is nothing wrong with it:confused: it just strange that all these cars have gone all at the some time.
mite be a terror attack:lol:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Joely

Easy peasy

jack up car, disconnect the fuel line from the fuel filter & let the good times flow (no smoking)

best you depressurise it 1st by pulling the fuel pump relay

without sounding like a stalker - but I'm happy to give you a hand.... you'll obviously need some receptical for the fuel....

B1 could be post or pre cat... but it'll be the pre cat for sure - no big deal £83 from SEAT & easy to swap

shaun.b

Shaun
Oct 26, 2006
Not sure how to drain tank but for the lambda sensor its easy, replaced it on my old car, didnt even have to jack it up, not sure where it is on the leon, took me 20 minutes, screwed it out, screwed in the new one, connect wires, start engine, no problems!

I got my lambda sensor of e-bay for about £15, dont know where all these garages are getting prices upto £400 to replace peoples because of this dodgy petrol, just cashing in and making it out to be more technical than it really is!!!

watto83

hey sparky when you said you took the car to inde-tech what did they do? did they take the light off? i got exact same problem.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
anyone on here running an LC or an LCR on 95ron supermarket fuel deserves what they get IMO :bleh:

They say it's only the boggo std unleaded with the issue anyway...

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
What are you planning to do with the fuel when its drained? You have to dispose of it properly if it's going to waste, or i suppose you might be able to get some money for it with a lawn mowing company or something.
Just don't drop it down the drains!

LeedsLeon

May 18, 2006
Leeds
What are you planning to do with the fuel when its drained? You have to dispose of it properly if it's going to waste, or i suppose you might be able to get some money for it with a lawn mowing company or something.
Just don't drop it down the drains!

I was going to say!

My dads lawnmower ran for almost 3 years when some numpty filled the works diesel van with unleaded and had to have the tank drained!

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
may be off thread (well is it really) Does anyone know if it is just normal unleaded or is the Tesco 99 octane affected too. i have a tank of it in my motor and it is the first time I've ever bought it!! Got is last Sunday from Tesco Rainham Kent. first and last time I move away from Shell V. Still not used car (other than to drive home)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
is it possible to clean a lambda? or once its been contaminated its bye byes?
just that i was maybe thinking drop the old fuel,fill with new,clear fault codes and try your luck......
and they are pre and post cat as said above so its a pit or ramp job to get at them.or lay on your back swearing at it on your drive.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.