AA wireless Device

caledonian

Jan 9, 2021

Anyone tried this? I have a 2017 Leon FR ST and the android auto is awful, tried multiple phones and cables. Recently got a pixel 6 pro and this is the worst experience yet.

I was wondering if this wireless AA dongle would solve the issue by taking the cable out of the equation, anybody used one?

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
Yes I have had one for almost 6 months, its great and no more leads. I have wireless charging too and now truly wireless

I was one of the early adopters in their crowd funding exercise and had to wait a long while for the unit to arrive

I get the very odd occassion when the head unit reboots on it's oiwn, but I was getting that with a wired connection too.

Reactions: caledonian

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
How is sound quality compared to wired connection? I've finally tweaked settings so Bluetooth and AA has equal sound quality.

caledonian

Jan 9, 2021
Just to give an update on this device. It works perfectly for me and has solved all my disconnection issues. Combined it with a little wireless pad and it's a truly wireless solution. For short Journeys I don't even take my phone out my pocket just get in and drive, after a couple of seconds it auto connects. Wish I'd done this sooner.

Reactions: Walone

Gaz9000

Oct 14, 2021
@caledonian - can you do me favour when you get some time please and confirm which version of software you're running? And what your device settings are (I'm on USB Direct and Passthrough Enabled - all other settings just get me stuck in a loop trying to find device). When it's working it's fine but then after 3 days or so I have to disconnect and go through the re-registering the device etc. Only takes a couple of minutes but it shouldn't be that way.

Cheers

Reactions: caledonian

caledonian

Jan 9, 2021
Screenshot_20220810-132217.png
Screenshot_20220810-132157.png
Screenshot_20220810-132147.png

caledonian

Jan 9, 2021
Mate I don't think I've ever even touch the app, as you can see I haven't even updated it as it works perfect and I'm scared to mess with it 😬

Gaz9000

Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for the update. I'm on latest version of software so wondering if that's introduced a bug, or its my Galaxy S21+.

I know they've got pretty good support for requesting help and they've got an active forum too so will keep digging and see if I can get it to remain stable.

Cheers

Paulie_Walnuts

Aug 14, 2021
Mate I don't think I've ever even touch the app, as you can see I haven't even updated it as it works perfect and I'm scared to mess with it 😬
Alright chief, did you order this from aawireless or somewhere else? Don't fancy having to pay for import fees etc! Cheers

caledonian

Jan 9, 2021
Alright chief, did you order this from aawireless or somewhere else? Don't fancy having to pay for import fees etc! Cheers
I got it direct from them here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

No import fees for me however It took around 3 months to arrive.

Motorola do one aswell which is held in very high regard, they are difficult to get hold of though

Paulie_Walnuts

Aug 14, 2021

reddamper

Jan 10, 2020
I have an aa wireless unit as well but un used as I switched to an iphone earlier this year. I did open the box just to test it, wasn't quite as seemless as the carplay wireless dongle but seems to work OK after a few updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie_Walnuts

Aug 14, 2021
I have an aa wireless unit as well but un used as I switched to an iphone earlier this year. I did open the box just to test it, wasn't quite as seemless as the carplay wireless dongle but seems to work OK after a few updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah ok, are you selling it then?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.