Aaaaahhhhh Kerbed Alloy.

koh1

Hi Guys.

I made the unfortunate mistake of letting my so called experienced cousin drive my cupra, all was going well until we pulled up outside the house.

CRUNCH! he has kerbed the driver front rim. Words cannot express how gutted I am as I have only had the car 10 days!(THE LIITLE BSTARD WILL NEVER DRIVE MY CAR AGAIN)

I am considering my options, I would like to get a brand new alloy in london or surrounding areas?(as he is paying) or get the alloy repaired.

1) Does anyone know the likelyhood of a dealer having a spare rim?(cost not a factor as he is paying)

2)How good are the alloy repair people i.e chips away. Anyone had any experience with them.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

KK

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
Hi Guys.

I made the unfortunate mistake of letting my so called experienced cousin drive my cupra, all was going well until we pulled up outside the house.

CRUNCH! he has kerbed the driver front rim. Words cannot express how gutted I am as I have only had the car 10 days!(THE LIITLE BSTARD WILL NEVER DRIVE MY CAR AGAIN)

I am considering my options, I would like to get a brand new alloy in london or surrounding areas?(as he is paying) or get the alloy repaired.

1) Does anyone know the likelyhood of a dealer having a spare rim?(cost not a factor as he is paying)

2)How good are the alloy repair people i.e chips away. Anyone had any experience with them.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

KK

Really sorry to hear that, but it's not an unusual thing in this world...:(:shrug: :cry: Is it possible for you to post a photo of the kerbed alloy ...??? If it is heavily damaged, I'm afraid that chipsaway cannot repair the wheel, and it's probably preferable to replace it with a new one, as far as others are paying ...[B)]

Ni Cupra

Inferi black cupra
May 23, 2007
i know how you feel mate, i let my mum borrow the car for the afternoon and it came back with the passenger side alloy scraped!! was not a happy bunny!!

toNes

Jun 26, 2007
London
..... look at it from another perspective..... after a dozen scrapes or so you kinda give up......... :happy:

I'll probably be re-furbing my end of the year or putting some new alloys on...... :rolleyes: