ABF Centre Silencer

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Ok so i got my mk3 exhaust
and went to swap over, and noticed the magnex is a full catback, so the pipe is different :confused:
by different i mean it doesn't end where the back box should be

does the 8v centre silencer fit?
or is the ABF totally different?
if so how much is it from a motors factor? as i would like to change it ASAP, as i told the next buy it'll be ready soon!

also i have all the mounts that would hold the exhaust perfectly :confused: is this right? as some people said they never did?

thanks in advance :)

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
the magnex is totally different to a standard system...
if its the same magnex as mine, then the centre section ends, just over the top bend over the rear beam, which no standard exhaust system on the ibiza does

the mk3 ibiza exhaust and i think the mk2 both join where the exhaust passes from the centre of the car to the left side, with either a sleave or a flared end depending on the system

what is it youre trying to mate to what? as the magnex sytstems are 2.5'' bore to the standard mk2/3 system which is 2''

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
the magnex is totally different to a standard system...
if its the same magnex as mine, then the centre section ends, just over the top bend over the rear beam, which no standard exhaust system on the ibiza does

the mk3 ibiza exhaust and i think the mk2 both join where the exhaust passes from the centre of the car to the left side, with either a sleave or a flared end depending on the system

what is it youre trying to mate to what? as the magnex sytstems are 2.5'' bore to the standard mk2/3 system which is 2''

i got an oval 6x4" magnex one, thought it was just baxbox, but is catback

yeah that's the same mate, ends just at the end of the backbox of the magnex, whereas the mk3 exhaust goes all the way around!
yeah this has a flared part to it, i thought the bore was 2.5" but wasn't 100% sure
i might have sorted a standard centre pipe off ather`s :D

i didn't know how the magnex sat, so looked under it on fri as i got hold of a good condition mk3 exhaust

thanks for that mate, puts my mind at ease :D

sent you a pm suj ;)

yes phil saved the day :D
will see you in a bit, can't wait to see the Touareg :funk: :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.