Abf radiator help!

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Just a quick one really, I'm putting a abf engine in my car next month, could I technically use any radiator aslong as the inlet and outlet pipes are in the correct place?

I want to fit a radiator which has a build in expansion tank, but it's off a 1.6, if I used this with a pacet racing fan it would be upto the job right?

Thanks! Kyle

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Not sure bud, i know some use the double slim line rad with conversions ?

and dont think there to expensive..

you getting a 2.0 16v lump ?

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Hi mate, Yeah 2.0 16v is being fitted on the 19th so just buying lots of parts at the mo! Won a pipercross viper kit on eBay the other day which should be good.

Think I'll take a gamble and just buy the radiator!

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
kyle i think we may have one

Thankyou but I already have the abf radiator, was looking at getting one from another car which has a built in expansion tank so I can clean the engine bay up a bit, battery is already in boot and washer bottle under scuttle panel!

Thankyou tho! Kyle

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Thankyou but I already have the abf radiator, was looking at getting one from another car which has a built in expansion tank so I can clean the engine bay up a bit, battery is already in boot and washer bottle under scuttle panel!

Thankyou tho! Kyle

Washer bottle in the scuttle, interesting, how've you managed that?

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Yeah you can buy tiny 1 litre universal washer bottles on eBay, tidys the bay up nice, you've just gotta remember to check it because it runs out fast! Lol

(there's one for sale on here at the mo)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.