ABS ESP lights on, Handbrake light flashing

tommy_l

Nov 10, 2013
Caernarfon
Had this issue pop up yesterday while driving to work. "Error: Brakes Workshop!" Message came up, the ABS light and ESP light came ond and the handbrake light is flashing.

Have these error codes from hooking up to a fault reader:
1276 14 ABS Hydraulic Pump (faulty intermitent)

1130 8 ABS operation (implausible signal static)

Anyone come across these before and can give me an idea what the likely issue might be.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200508_145033.jpg
    20200508_145033.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 167

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I've no experience of the mk2, i'm usually over in the MK1 section, but the rosstech website is the best place to look up codes for any age leon.
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01276
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01130

Looks like it could be a lot of things, but i'd definitely start by checking the fuses and then possibly deleting the codes and seeing if they come back. It looks like it was just a momentary fault, and it says that sometimes that code can be the result of EMF or electrical interferance, so i'd clear it and see if it happens again before spending time/money chasing the fault.

tommy_l

Nov 10, 2013
Caernarfon
Thanks for the links. Cheched all the fuses that were located next to the battery, all good. Are there any other fuse locations linked to the ABS pump?
Tried clearing the code and comes back up instantly.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I had similar and it was a rear ABS sensor. They corrode swell up and then rub on the stub axle and eventually fail. They’re about £50 for a Bosch one. I’d have a look at those first.

Although I would say the power steering pump is an odd one, is the PS still working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommy_l

Nov 10, 2013
Caernarfon
I had similar and it was a rear ABS sensor. They corrode swell up and then rub on the stub axle and eventually fail. They’re about £50 for a Bosch one. I’d have a look at those first.

Although I would say the power steering pump is an odd one, is the PS still working?

Nothing wrong with the Power Steering pump mate, error is with ABS pump.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Sorry, Mis read. On mine it showed PS and ABS and traction had failed. Intermittently.

It might not be the same thing but it’s a relatively easy check.

tommy_l

Nov 10, 2013
Caernarfon
Thought I would update in case it might come in handy for someone. My mechanic has investigated and has narroweed the fault down to a solenoid issue within the ABS Pump/Module. New part upwards of a £1000 from seat, so I've ordered a second hand pump and module off ebay for £70 :) , cross fingers this will do the trick.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Thought I would update in case it might come in handy for someone. My mechanic has investigated and has narroweed the fault down to a solenoid issue within the ABS Pump/Module. New part upwards of a £1000 from seat, so I've ordered a second hand pump and module off ebay for £70 :) , cross fingers this will do the trick.

There are also companies that will repair ABS units if needed. Post away and they post it back.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi are you able to check power at the fuse? Those bladed fused sometimes crack so fine you cant see it, it’s happened to me I had the same problem in my Ibiza 6L the fuse looked fine but I had no continuity across the fuse. Check for power across the fuse mate if you can.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hang on just seem this ignore me sorry glad your mates traced it and saved you hassle. Fingers crossed it’ll do the trick

Sep 18, 2020
Hi,

I have the same issue here, ABS Light on, Traction control light on and Handbrake light flashing.

Error code 01130 - ABS Operation- Implausible Signal.

Did you manage to find a fix for your problem?

Thanks

tommy_l

Nov 10, 2013
Caernarfon
Hi,

I have the same issue here, ABS Light on, Traction control light on and Handbrake light flashing.

Error code 01130 - ABS Operation- Implausible Signal.

Did you manage to find a fix for your problem?

Thanks
See post no.7
I had a replacement ABS pump/module fitted, 2nd hand part bought off ebay. If i remember correctly it was a bit if a struggle for the mechanic to programme the part to the car

Sep 18, 2020
Cheers Tommy. Did you replace the whole ABS pump or was it only the control module you replaced?

What was involved when coding it to the car? was it done via VCDS? :)

tommy_l

Nov 10, 2013
Caernarfon
Cheers Tommy. Did you replace the whole ABS pump or was it only the control module you replaced?

What was involved when coding it to the car? was it done via VCDS? :)
Replaced the whole pump.
Not sure, my brother in law is a mechanic at audi and he did the coding in work 🤫, and he struggled 🤷🏻‍♂️

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members