ABS & TCS warning lights

Leigh20VT

Driving home from a weekend away, got 10 mins away from my house and these 2 lights popped on, parked up and emptied the car, got in to go back out and the TCS light has gone off but the ABS one is still on,
brake fluid level is fine.
Could it be a fuse or anyone got any other ideas what it might be?

Last edited by a moderator:

danny20vt

going back to basics
I haven't a clue mate, I've never had one go on my car, just remember the same symptoms from another thread a few months back so I could still be wrong, if it is it shouldn't be too expensive though i would think.
The same lights come on when the wheels have been spinning i.e. snow and ice or rolling road, but go out after a few moments

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
Check the fuses on top of the battery - even if they dont look damaged remove them and have a look - thats what was wrong with mine.

Failing that i think ABS sensors are prone to failure, as is the wiring to them - they can easily get worn through and cause the light to come on....

Rick

Leigh20VT

Bit of an odd update, bringing it to a garage today, got it there all the lights went out but everytime i pressed the brake i could feel the ABS coming in,
Also in the history file i found a receipt for having the ABS wiring repaired at somepoint in its life so im geussing its the same thing again

Leigh20VT

i havnt, but it may be being done while its in the garage now

benh999

Same problem with mine. Turns out the ABS wiring looms was buggered. Been badly repaired in the past and butchered. New loom fitted and neither light has lit up since.:)

Leigh20VT

cool, well AFAIK its been done now as the cars outside the garage, spose id better go and see what the damage is later :lol:

Leigh20VT

turned out to be a faulty ABS sensor, doesnt sound too expensive :)

Leigh20VT

its my passenger side one thats shot, cheers for the offer though bud,
just out of curiosity pm me how much you want for it posted and i might have it as a spare

Leigh20VT

cheers pal, im half tempted to do this myself now seeing that price, already paid £30 to have it Tech2'd
any idea what theyre like to change?
or where abouts ill find the sensor on the car?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Fits in behind the hub I think, though I've never had to change one on mine *yet*

Pretty sure it's a quick and easy plug and play job, though sure someone else will confirm

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
defo plug n play, easy! Only thing i found was the bolt holding mine on crumbled as it was so corroded, so may need to replace that aswell?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.