Absence of certain warning lights.. dafook?

Stencils118

Jan 10, 2012
Hey everyone, I just wanted to get some opinions on a little problem I've got. Basically the Low Fuel warning lamp doesn't work, the sidelights\dipped beam\foglight warning lamps don't work even if i have my lights on. If theres an alternator warning lamp? that doesn't work.. ABS,Oil pressure, head beam and handbrake warning lights DO work (when turning on ignition and when handbrake is on)..

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all auxiliary lamps, such as ABS, Oil, Fuel, Alternator etc. meant to come on when ignition is turned on?

I've checked all necessary fuses, even though most of them run through the same fuse anyway.. I was thinking possible blown bulbs? or bad connections to the bulbs?..some nobber who owned it before me might have fiddled with it and forgot to reconnect some of the wires?
Any suggestions?
Cheers, Linton:)

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Alright mate, sounds like a puzzler. Has it always done this or has it just started? First thing I would check is the connector for the dash. The dash is pretty easy to take off, just undo the 2 screws at the top. Dont know if your steering wheel is an OE one but im sure I read on here that you can just about wiggle it through the top of the wheel. Mines an AM one so it just pops off. From what I can remember the dash is powered by 1 connector block, see if its on properly, also when youve got the dash out you can check all your bulbs. The only other thing I could think of is it may be a dodgy earth, and this could be anywhere, electrics isnt my strong point!, hope this at least gives you summat to go on, hope you get sorted.

Stencils118

Jan 10, 2012
Alright cheers guys, thought it was possibly the bulbs... does anyone know where to get replacements? I'm guessing they're LED's?

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
standard are t5's
replace with above or 509t LED's

any car parts place should sell them or buy 10 for peanuts off fleabay

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.