AC compressor

beezasport

Sold the car to buy a....
Hello!
finished work early so decided to have a look at my mums car!
She has a 51 plate golf TDI the air con compressor isn't kicking in with the AC button even though it is lighting up (non climatronic control). I did a scan with vag-com to see if anything came up but it shpwed nothing. I have checked the voltage to the compressor it is 8.89v both turned on and turned off in the cab. I checked all the fuses in the box next to the steering column, does anyone know where to loook next?

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
Just wondered if youd had any luck with your ac? Im currently having problems with my compressor dropping in and out?? Dont suppose youd know whether vag-com would pick up why this is happening?

Chris

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
Thanks for the reply, i've got a guy coming to check my car over and vag-com it for a sum of £30, my fault is intermittent so hopefully it will play along or atleast log it and he will be able to find it! Fingers crossed eh!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
ill vag-com it for you if you want

your wag-com working again borat?
im gonna get a scanner to wipe exhuast light, but we havent vag'd it in months so wouldnt mind a one-shot quick car scan to see if awts cropped up since(with light permenantly on i wldnt know *****)

give me a call

you are not my child

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
Thanks for the offer, the guy was supposed to be here for dinner time and hasnt upto now showed up, so your offer of vag-com'ing my car might be handy??? Wat will it cost me? :)

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
not a clue, i've never even seen vag-com in action, could all be a myth as far as i know.........

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
Now Now rik! haha, apparently my ac compressor is supposed to stop and start to stop the the system freezing up? But the bloke i phoned couldnt explain why on a hot day the ac wouldnt even get cold enough to be able to tell it was even on? F**king thing!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.