Activated park pilot display for rear sensors but beeps stop working

b1ggus

Apr 28, 2021
I activated the onscreen display for the rear parking sensors on a 2017 Leon FR using both Carista's shortcut and also long coding via Car Scanner ELM ODB app. Both have the same result, a single beep when putting the car in reverse and then the display appears on the screen. The display works fine, showing the blocks moving about as it detects things, but there are no more beeps.

If I reset it to standard, the beeps come back again so nothing appears broken. I've seen videos of the display and beeps working together so has anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I did mine 2-3 years ago, but had to use Carista's beta version. I'd have thought by now it would be in the normal app. I'd make sure the app is up-to-date and then log a support call with Carista.

Reactions: b1ggus

b1ggus

Apr 28, 2021
I did mine 2-3 years ago, but had to use Carista's beta version. I'd have thought by now it would be in the normal app. I'd make sure the app is up-to-date and then log a support call with Carista.
I take it you're saying it should still beep as well as show onscreen?

I was using the latest version and yes, it is in the normal app now. Given coding it the ' old - fashioned ' way had the same effect i doubt it's anything to do with the app but i will contact them and see what they say, thanks.

b1ggus

Apr 28, 2021

One other thing, do the bars on your display change colour dependant on how close they are to the car or are they all just a uniform grey which is what I'm getting?

b1ggus

Apr 28, 2021
Panic over, took the mod off and put it on a third time, all working as expected now, plenty of beeping and multicoloured lines.

Reactions: SteveGSXR600K1

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Panic over, took the mod off and put it on a third time, all working as expected now, plenty of beeping and multicoloured lines.
Hi B1ggus

I've just raised what I think is the exact same question as hadn't found this thread!

I've got 2017 FR Technology which only has rear sensors and audible warning only. I really wanted/was expecting to show on the screen as well.

So if I have understood, you can enable the screen to show pictorial representation along with beeps just by activating in Carista?

I've never used one of these applications before but from what I've been reading may be an essential!!

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise