Additive

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I say its worth trying as it says its a cleaner and not an octane booster.
I used to use millers but find my car prefers not to have it in the tank since I had it remapped.
Glynn

Deleted member 28319

I've recently started using millers and find it makes the car run smoother, I use the recommended amount which is about 2.5 measures a tank if my memory serves me correctly. I do wander however if i'm doing my engine any good running it with an additive in my fuel, any ideas.....

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I've recently started using millers and find it makes the car run smoother, I use the recommended amount which is about 2.5 measures a tank if my memory serves me correctly. I do wander however if i'm doing my engine any good running it with an additive in my fuel, any ideas.....

Its cleaning up the engine, so thats one good thing.

Deleted member 28319

Guss i'll keep on doing what i'm doing then..thx guy's

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I've never timed 0-60, quarter mile times, rolling roaded, whatever, but I've got used to how my car feels and should be able to tell if it's different afterwards.
Ahh but if you drive it gently for a week or two, then you'll never be certain whether it's made a positive difference, or whether you're just thinking it has...

Same as driving a low-powered courtesy car for a couple of days - you always think your own car is quicker when you get back in it.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
I'd save your money mate, they are all much the same bar the millers.

my own experience with additives (and thats just my own mind!) is that they do bugger all for mpg and performance (only palcebo). However millers really does cut down the smoke on my car. So I guess it's doing something?!

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
probably stick to millers. alot of people sware by it. every so often makes better sense too I agree. I've also read, that the injectors on pds could do with a clean at 60k too. dunno if theres any truth to it. I think that might of been in the Haines manual not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.