Advice needed on Alhambra rear door speaker upgrade

Jan 2, 2023
Hello!

So having written off our Volvo XC60, my fiance made it abundantly clear that the replacement would have to have 7 usable seats and rear sliding doors. That left the Ford Galaxy and Seat Alhambra, and as almost every car I have ever owned was built by the VW Audi Group, I've gone for the obvious choice. After sorting out a few mechanical issues (I only paid £6000 for it), I can honestly say that I am more than happy with the car.

Not planning on going all out with this one (I practically rebuilt by Octavia VRS), but there are a few little bits and pieces I can't do without (cruise control, 20mm drop with a set of H&K springs, etc) and the sound system is one of them.

I have replaced the head unit with Kenwood's DNX525DAB. The interface to AC controls and parking sensors is a little clumsy and Garmin has stopped supporting map updates, but the steering wheel controls all work and the unit looks better than the factory one. Now that I have 3 RCA pre-outs to work with, I will be installing a 5 channel amp to run the door speakers and a small sub in the boot. The front door speakers are easy enough to replace as they are a very common size, but I'm having issues figuring out what to do about the rears.

rear door speaker.JPG

The speaker itself is around 13cm in size and the bracket about 15cm. Every bracket on eBay claiming to be for the rear door of a 7N Alhambra/Sharan also says it's for a 16.5cm speaker, which simply isn't possible. There is zero room between the speaker and the grill on the door panel, so any bracket made for this would have to be for a 13cm speaker. I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone know of a bracket for this, or will I have to draw one up myself and have it machined out of acrylic? There are plenty of websites doing this now, but I just wanted to keep it simply if at all possible. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Reactions: H4mm13.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.