advice on blocking the bit off at the bottom of the forge tip

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
is it ok to block this off

DSC00306-1.jpg

also could i then block the bit off of the top of the throtle body and where it gos to the carbon filter thing block that there as well?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Removing EVAP system basically.

Ok, you can. But, if you idle for a while it will throw P0441 CEL as you've ditched the carbin cannister. You can get rid of all the associated hoses from the throttle body as well.

You will be left with one hard line which used to go to the top of the cannister which you should put a length of vac hose onto and drop down into the wing to disperse the vapours.

Its a pretty easy thing to do really. I've been running without EVAP for about 10 months now and the only problem i've had is the P0441 CEL which i cant get rid of.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
You could be removing a possible boost leak through the system, but i think thats a pretty small chance.

I done it to tidy up my engine bay.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
hi, i done this about 8 months ago. i just cut the small clip off the hose then romoved the small alloy hose joiner then filled the hole with a small bit of stainless steel round bar and fitted a new hose clip to secure it. but you could use alloy bar a bolt or wotever you have to hand just make sure it has a good seal. as for fault codes i've had no problems but i have put a resistor in the place of the evap pump which was in the top of the evap canister a 33ohm 40-50 watt should do the trick. :)

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
NICE JOB, gunna try this another week,

what about just blocking it at the tip and block the hose that used to attach to the tip and leave everything else how it was?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I tried a 330ohm 10 watt resistor which i used for the N112 as we know and it didnt work.

tashacupra, are you sure a 33ohm 40-50 watt resistor works, not a 330ohm?

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
hi philw, i'm 99% sure thats what it is but i did get my brother in-law to sort it because he is a sparkey, but i'll ask him when i see him and then post it up.:)

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
hello all, i'm not getting anywhere fast with this at the moment all i have found out is that they are from rs components. they are a small gold alloy block about an inch and a half long with small mounting lug's on opposit corners, but as for the exact rating i'm still unsure. i'll try and find an rs part number. sorry for the lack of usefull info at the mo.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
hello all, i'm not getting anywhere fast with this at the moment all i have found out is that they are from rs components. they are a small gold alloy block about an inch and a half long with small mounting lug's on opposit corners, but as for the exact rating i'm still unsure. i'll try and find an rs part number. sorry for the lack of usefull info at the mo.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
right finaly got my hands on the rs components book. the type of resistor's i'm running are as follows. made by Arcol, they are listed as aluminium housed, wirewound, 50 watt HS series. the only problem i still have is they list a 33ohm which i think is what i have and 330ohm as philw thinks it could be, and i've still not confirmed what mine are yet, although i did hook the little pump up 2 a multi meter and the reading i got was just over 29ohm's which point's to me having the 33ohm ones, but i do just need my brother in law to confirm it for me as they also list a 30oghm version. price wise they are 1.99 each plus vat. with regards 2 the watt's they are fixed at 50 so that has to be correct.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members