ADVICE ON BULBS!

Lottie Davies’x

Oct 7, 2020
West Midlands
Need some advice on what bright white bulbs to get for my 59 plate Leon FR TDI MK2..

I seen a post about what bulbs I need for Full beam, Main headlights, Side lights and Fog lights. So I went on Ebay to purchase and they're saying different for what will fit to my car...

What have you got on yours?
Hopefully someone on here will have the same that I will need and give me an idea.

Thanks 😊

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Need some advice on what bright white bulbs to get for my 59 plate Leon FR TDI MK2..

I seen a post about what bulbs I need for Full beam, Main headlights, Side lights and Fog lights. So I went on Ebay to purchase and they're saying different for what will fit to my car...

What have you got on yours?
Hopefully someone on here will have the same that I will need and give me an idea.

Thanks 😊
The eBay listing might be different to your actual cars bulbs as there will be a normal headlight and xenon for the mk2 doesn’t your car have the projector style xenon or just a normal bulb?

Reactions: Lottie Davies’x

Lottie Davies’x

Oct 7, 2020
West Midlands
https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ are pretty good at matching the bulbs you'll need. When it asks you, click 'Seat Leon Halogen' and not 'Seat Leon Xenon'

Also be careful with the LED type bulbs, you might need extra resistors and stuff to run them. Also LED headlight bulbs are now illegal with the headlight units that you have.
Thanks, will have a look. And thanks for the heads up! :)

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
From my experience leds may be bright and whitish but the distance goes about 6 ft from your car and they blow fast (definitely plate and sidelights) buying both cheap and expensive ones. I reverted back to halogen fast and just use osram night breakers H7 they ain't as white as I'd like but when you compare to a standard yellow Philips or whatever bulb there was a difference in colour and brightness with improved distance too. Halogen lights here too.

Reactions: Lottie Davies’x
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.