Advices from guys in the know Cupra TSI

TALBOTL

Aug 2, 2011
Derbyshire
I am just looking for brief advices on a few bits and pieces relating to the TSI

I'm sure I'm not alone in this I went to a Seat dealer my GF was picking up an 11 plated 1.4 sport (very nice car) and a yellow cupra caught my eye black alloys black roof, leather, bi xenons plus the usual bits and bobs.

Cutting a long story short I've always been anti auto after driving my dads old saab lol but I got in and went for a test drive and straight away I loved it, it felt as though i'd been driving it for years !

My queries are however, there are well documented oil usage problems I don't mind topping up with Oil I have a diesel atm and check my levels every 10 days or so.

My next question is MPG now in the week i do 30 miles 5 on A roads 20 on Mway and 5 on B roads MWAY I do 65mph what can I expect to get roughly I know it'll vary slightly is it unrealistic to expect 43-45 mpg ?

At the weekend when I have fun with it I couldn't care less, I just don't want to end up getting late 20's early 30's in the week !

Is there any other worthwile pros and cons that people wouldn't mind letting me in on, I've really fell in love with the car but don't want to rush into buying it !

Thanks

Liam

Rezelion

Well in my cupra I have a 10 plate cupra drives sweet like a nut never had any problems with it, oil wise I top it up like 0.5l for every 1100 miles ish with a mixture of town and a road driving. With 3 mile drives in town I average about 28-32mpg but in motorways I manage to get 42-45 mpg with speeds of 75-80mph somehow my cupra don't like lower speeds like 55-60mph and uses more fuel for some reason

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
My Cupra has been as sweet as a nut. Drives well and oil usage has been ok. I get about 35mpg with a mixture of town and b road driving. However when hooning it I'll get below 30mph. You may get better economy over your misses car if you treat it right.

What you will notice is it randomly just use it, so keep an eye. For the price vs performance there's not much that can compete with it.

Just got for it!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

mattvanders

I've only had my car a month or so and so far very happy with it. I do a 50 mile round trip journey to work (montorway 15miles, dual 7miles, city 3miles) in to east london (brentwood to silvertown). I have had it that if i drive like a proper grandad i have seen 48 mpg but i would say with sencable driving with a tad bit of playing (nothing too silly) you will easily see +40 mpg. Weekend driving you could easily drop it down to low 30 (but to be honest there is very little times you can truely play due to speed camera and traffic).

Aug 3, 2011
Uses oil, not near excessive but stil a little annoying, when seat tested it the fxxker used nothing-typical!

Power- costs ratio is great.

MPG mine spends all its time stuck doing a 10-20min drive in slow traffic OR being enjoyed on country roads. I get about 33mpg. From your drive it sounds like it wouldnt be unreasonable to expect high 30's low 40s, expecting consistant 45's might be unrealistic, you wont really get much higher unless you trundle. When I had mine on its second trackday I think I averaged about 21mpg. Not bad if I say so myself :D

Last edited:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
6k miles driven in mine, =litre of oil so not excessive

mpg - 30-40 depending on how spirited teh drive.

Forthewin

It will depend a little on if it's a new one or pre FL. The new ones are meant to be about 10% more economic, but even they are listed at 47MPG combined so I'd say for a pre-face lift about 37-40 or for a new one about 40-44.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise