Advise Please

Hitcher

Aug 1, 2001
Glasgowish
Visit site
Hi,

I have just re-installed the demo software (4.09v ) onto my new works laptop and connected it up with the serial cable (e-bay one). It detects the port and states it is ok but when I try and scan any modules it gives up with an error saying it cant connect / read with the controller :confused:

It worked fine with the old set up, do you think I have damaged the cable somehow or could it be the laptop.

Cheers for any help...

Hitcher

Aug 1, 2001
Glasgowish
Visit site
Is it possible that because I have a Parrott handsfree kit plugged in the back of the stereo then vag com (cable) is fecked because of the problems associated with aftermarket stereos, ie has the parrott kit caused the standard stereo to affect the connectors mentioned on the ross tech site? My mates VRS also has a parrott kit fitted.

Reading on the ross tech website it looks like, if I have read it correctly, that if it has then I could have fried something within the cable :(

Last edited:

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
When you are in 'Options' testing to find the correct com port. Make sure you successfully find the controller, not just the port!

I had this trouble when i switched to a new laptop and a new cable.

The USB cable was installed on port 8, but VAGCOM only gives you 1->4. So i changed the port to 3, and it now works.

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
Hitcher said:
Is it possible that because I have a Parrott handsfree kit plugged in the back of the stereo then vag com (cable) is fecked because of the problems associated with aftermarket stereos, ie has the parrott kit caused the standard stereo to affect the connectors mentioned on the ross tech site? My mates VRS also has a parrott kit fitted.

Reading on the ross tech website it looks like, if I have read it correctly, that if it has then I could have fried something within the cable :(

you could try pulling out the radio fuse.:confused:

Jib 21

Aug 7, 2005
Lowdham, Nottingham
so pulling out the radio fuse will ensure that the cable DOESNT get fried as soon as you plug it in? Got a pioneer HU on my LCR & obviously I dont want to blow things up lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.