Advise - thinking of buying

hedgehog-harvey

Mar 7, 2010
HI Guys

I am thinking of buying this...

9087692_m_1.jpg

28,000 miles 07 reg red, full btcc kit. leon fr tdi

its up for £14200

any advice do you think it is over priced?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
i would say its about a grand over priced.
Is it main dealer ?
If so you have got room to haggle and get the price as low as possible!

The BTCC kit was very popular on the lower models under the FR/ Cupra. One option is to get an FR TDi without the kit if there is a better priced one then sell the FR bumpers to someone to fund the full BTCC kit. I think I just found the car you were lookig at ;)

There is another one on the place you were looking, same colour/mileage but £11,800...

I got my car from ******* in St Albans... I live 220miles from the place but they offer the best deals.

http://www.*******.co.uk/used-car-sales/?page=1&make=16&model=LEON+&minprice=&maxprice=

hedgehog-harvey

Mar 7, 2010
it is a seat garage but no an offical one i think

smc in windsor think they are a francise?

had a look over it outside today, quite mint. havent had a chance to drive yet. thing is they have another 07 reg one (but 46000 miles on it) there without the btcc kit and its up for £11500!!!

£3700 less!

what would u do?

8331070_m_1.jpg

Last edited:
Sere motors sell the kit for £700

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209139&highlight=leon+aero

Then you've got painting costs on top then fitting. Some people fit themselves but I imgine the body shop painting would fit. The maybe sell the old bumpers on ebay to get some cost back.
It's just an option I suggested if you found a normal type FR but at a good price.

best of luck with finding one, they're great cars.

gazmania1

I'd definitely say that's over priced. I've just bought an 07 black petrol FR for £10990 from a dealer and it only had 14k on the clock.

hedgehog-harvey

Mar 7, 2010
i dont know what to do. i have fallen in love it. but i know its over priced

it has sunroof, winter & convenance packs, and bluetooth

Wayno321

i've the leon fr and really dont know whether to get the kit done, they both just look good in there own different ways. if i was going to get a kit i think i'd go for the k1 kit.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i dont know what to do. i have fallen in love it. but i know its over priced

it has sunroof, winter & convenance packs, and bluetooth

knock them down lol
how long has it been for sale for?
you now know the price of the body kit , so that plus car = £?????? , show them its over priced and see what happens

hedgehog-harvey

Mar 7, 2010
well I am happy went down there to look her the car again, got some discount. and itll be ready for collection this week after its MOT and service

just going to try and sell my Astra VXR if not Ill just PX her

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Alright mate lovely car! The kit does not go on the facelift fr. You will always pay more money for the diesel variant as it is in general the more sought after model, especially in the 2nd hand market. In my opinion i think it is overpricde by about £800-1000. I'm sure you can find better deals.:) If you really like it though then go for it mate! Looks a great example and wil hold it's value well n the car market:)

Last edited:

hedgehog-harvey

Mar 7, 2010
cant wait to get her, just need some hid or xenons :) luckly i already have headlight washers.

anyone interested in an astra vxr?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.