Aerial & GPS locator

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Where is the aerial and the GPS locator on a Mk3 Leon?
On my Octavia Scout, the aerial was in the rear window (shite DAB reception) the GPS locator was in the Sharks fin on the roof.
The DAB reception on the Leon is MUCH better than the Skoda, so I expected an external aerial, but never noticed there was not one!!

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
The dab is on the rear window. I think the gps is under the front windscreen scuttle panel

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I assumed the aerial was in the HRW and was guessing the GPS locator was in the mirror surround

Its the thin line or lines running across the rear screen above the heated rear window elements.
Don't think the gps is in the mirror housing, to vulnerable a place, I'm sure we've all had wing mirrors bashed or knocked off at sometime or another.
Could be wrong though on it being in the windscreen scuttle ? Although can't think of many other places on the car they could put it :)

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I vaguely remember something about the GPS sensor sharing the speaker panel on the top of the dash.

Someone found it while trying to add the extra speaker themselves if I remember rightly.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I vaguely remember something about the GPS sensor sharing the speaker panel on the top of the dash.

Someone found it while trying to add the extra speaker themselves if I remember rightly.

Correct. Under the grille on the upper dashboard

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
Yep it is under the speakergrille on top of the dashboard. Explanation is in Dutch but you can always translate it in Google.

79iiw2D.png

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Its the thin line or lines running across the rear screen above the heated rear window elements.
Don't think the gps is in the mirror housing, to vulnerable a place, I'm sure we've all had wing mirrors bashed or knocked off at sometime or another.
Could be wrong though on it being in the windscreen scuttle ? Although can't think of many other places on the car they could put it :)
I was meaning the interior rear view mirror.
Never mind it has been found under the speaker grille, I was just curious where it was.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.