Aeriel chop!!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Agree, ive got the S2000 on mine, at it looks much better.

LCR037.jpg

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I had the Honda one but the fit was rotten, I picked up this one on eBay for £4 its for a Freelander... but fits perfectly.

And it isn't one of those barry alluminium ones either.

DSCN1689.jpg

Paul, mines looked a lot worse than that, it overlaped as you stated, looked proper shoddy I went back to the standard!

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
yeah you find the uk spec s2000 has a bigger base than the ones in usa.mine came from the states £20 delivered

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I bought a Civic aerial from ebay (how dumb of me!!) and the thread was too short to fit, so the original went straight back on. By the way the aerial needs a hefty tug to remove it - follow the guide in Pabs web site, very good

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
not sure why everyone keeps going on about the overhanging - i have std UK civic stubby aerial and don't see anything wrong with it.
Reception is good, considering the fact its about a 1/3rd of the length of the original.

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Checked your site pabs and i couldn't see any overhang. What was price of civic one cos don't want to fork out £20 for s2000 one, and did you just get it from honda dealers?

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
just depends really
i got a uk spec s2000 aerial after finding pabs fantastic site with guides

yes the US ones have a thinner base, but is it worth the difference in price

i paid £4 for my s2000 aerial as opposed to £20 for a US one???

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
A Vauxhall bee-sting ariel fits fine and is a good 4-5 inches shorter than the VAG version, but otherwise looks identical. I found mine needed a little bit of circumcision of the rubber next to the srew-in thread.
Just ask your Vauxhall dealer for a VX220 or Meriva ariel. Costs under a tenner too.

Sniff_Diesel

got a civic/s2000 one off ebay for under a £5 inc P&P and used pabs guide (cheers mate!) to fit on my Arctic LC TDi. looks fantastic - is a bit wide at the base like people have pointed out already but doesnt look out of place. Huge improvement on the original.

Reception is every bit as good as the original. Try one from ebay, if you dont like it, you can prob sell it on here or ebay again & lose all of about 50p...[B)]

Just make sure you hold on tight to the old aerial base when you pull the old one out. Gently squeezing the 2 apart applying more pressure until it gives was a bit less scary than the "give it a good tug :headhurt: " approach....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise