Aftermarket HU on New Leon

GSP

Hi all,

Will be getting a new leon and one thing I deffo want to do is replace the stock HU. So my list of questions are: *drumroll*

1) Is the OEM setup Double Din?
2) Can you get a adaptor plate to fit the new leon for aftermarket HU? Is there a pic of one as I dont want it to look out of place.
3) ANy suggestions of HU that will match the lighting of the new leon inside?

Thanks in advance!

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
No to number 2, I don't know of an adapter plate available yet although I'm sure I've seen a pic of a standard Leon with a single din HU in.

I think the LEon has a double din HU but tbh I haven't actually had one to bits... yet :D

THE BIG GAS MAN

Jan 2, 2006
BEITH
I've just had an installer from a company called Nationwide out to fit my handsfree kit for my works phone. He was cursing the stereo upside down as it is almost impossible to get out to run the cable or fit the mounting bracket. I would be intrigued to see a single din unit fitted to the dash as it is quite a strange shape. Anyone with instructions on how to remove the original dash could they please post a reply as the guy has just left with steam coming from his ears.[:@]

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
d0334baa65.jpg

25dc71f5a9.jpg

047629987a.jpg

bfff801cb8.jpg

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
The stereo in the LEON has two little slots under the buttons below the screen. (see below)

I would have thought that you could get some sort of removal tool to take the unit out.

ba8076ff.jpg

THE BIG GAS MAN

Jan 2, 2006
BEITH
leonlad said:

Thanks for that Leon. Im sure that will put his mind to rest when he comes back. Did try prising out with small plastic wedges but thought it might break so stopped.
Never realised there were 2 tags at the sides.:doh:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.