Air bag light

J-DUB

Jun 7, 2009
Ipswich
Just had the above light come on.... i asked my mechanic and he suggested trying to unplug and re-plug in the air bags connectors under the seat.

Any other thought welcome :)

cuprajim92

Jun 26, 2015
I had this problem under the passenger seat in my 1.6 Leon every time the seat was moved the light would come on my mechanic cut the plug off and soldered the wires together haven't had a problem since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
I had this problem under the passenger seat in my 1.6 Leon every time the seat was moved the light would come on my mechanic cut the plug off and soldered the wires together haven't had a problem since

yeah i had the same here too. just hard wire it unless you want to take your seats out in the near future

cuprajim92

Jun 26, 2015
Yes that's it hard wire couldn't for the life of me think of the right words to use but yes I haven't had a problem since and even so just turn off the airbags with your key and just chop the wire again

-UzY-

Jun 2, 2015
I've had the same light come on, taking it to garage on Monday, see what they say

Matt22cupra

Aug 17, 2015
Passenger seat air bag

My air bag has went off on my passengers seat after a slight bump what will all need replaced other than the seat? Everything else still working fine only problems is air bag in seat has deployed and a dent on the passengers side wing everything else is still perfect??

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.