Light error codes help

Nov 16, 2023
Hi guys, I have a 2011 fr+ 170 Dsg, I have recently bought and fitted tick lights from a 2012, I get error codes for all my back lights. I thought they might have aftermarket HD lights so I've come to change the bulbs and realised the lights have what looks like a computer board in and a plug that goes into the bulb holder. The lights all work despite the car telling me they're out but is there anything I can fit to stop the errors?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm constantly getting out of the car just in case they're not working THANKS

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Ideally you want the BCM coded to turn off bulb monitoring on the rear light channels. Because the tick lights are LED they are not drawing enough current to register as correctly functioning bulbs. Not many aftermarket tools have the right coding options for this. VCP can do it but I'm not sure about others.

There's an rear light upgrade option on Seat's own diagnostic software that dealers can code via VAS.

Usually there's a flickering issue with the tick lights if the BCM is not coded accordingly due to how the bulb monitoring works.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.