Air con playing up

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Im not sure whats really happening, my air con not functionaly as i want it to. As you know the weather chilly outside
If i turn the dial to the windscreen, the ac comes on, but if i press the ac button it wont let me switch off. the ac only turn off if turn the dial.:wtf:
If i turn he dial to either foot or front, the ac wont come on even if i press the ac button?

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
is your external temperature reading correctly?

The AC shouldn't be coming on in these temperatures so thats why it wont turn on when you press AC when on foor or front

I also can't remember if it does something weird when you put it on the windscreen to help clear it

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
i know for a fact, if the temps low, it shouldnt come on at all. will this come up on vag.com?

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Depends how cold it is outside! lol.....when mine was faulty I think it read something stupid like -20 although it can go the other way as well.

it stops working at 5 degrees I think it is.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Rip out remove and throw away.. :)

Saves weight aswell. although i looked down at mine on my drive to work and it was on when i never pressed it but i havent got an external temp gauge because ive got different wing mirrors.