Alarm chirp coding - 64 plate Leon 5F

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
First post in this section, so first of all - hello! Not logged on to SCN for a few months, and last time I did I had a mark 1 Leon. Now on a Leon 3, 64 plate stage 1 remapped SE Technology 1.6TDI (and loving it)

I have searched for this, but can't find a definitive answer anywhere. I'm wanting to change the alarm chirps to use the car horn rather than the alarm siren. Firstly is it possible? If so, can someone let me have the exact coding please? Secondly, is it possible to use the car horn for the confirmation chiprs when unlocking/locking the car but still retain the actual alarm activation to use the siren? Probably not, but worth asking.....

Thanks in advance for any answers

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
OK had another good search, and found a YouTube video where someone had done this to his Golf 7. So had a play.... and found all the settings he said were already active........that was looking at the adaptations in the 09 Central Electronics.

Having a look through the basic coding, without going through the security access for the central electronics, found one entry Anti-theft system alarm horn/sounder installed on a tick box. Switch this off, and the alarm chirps through the car horn.

Might have to go back to the siren though, horn might be a wee bit too loud!

Attachments

• Screenshot (247).png
    Screenshot (247).png
    38.5 KB · Views: 126
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members