Alarm horn siren location

Jan 20, 2023
Hi all I need help trying to find the alarm siren I have stripped the bumper off found the normal horn but I cannot find the alarm because it is brought up code 01700(H8) stating there is a fault with the anti-theft horn alarm and for the life of God I cannot find where it is, does anyone know because I am losing my mind.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Just a guess based on where it tends to be in VW Group cars in general, remove the scuttle panel - the plastic rain cover in front of the windscreen, you will probably need to remove the wiper arms first, it could be bolted in down there.

I'm assuming that your car DOES have an alarm siren fitted though, most at least SEATs of this age only have central locking with deadlocking.

Jan 20, 2023
Just a guess based on where it tends to be in VW Group cars in general, remove the scuttle panel - the plastic rain cover in front of the windscreen, you will probably need to remove the wiper arms first, it could be bolted in down there.

I'm assuming that your car DOES have an alarm siren fitted though, most at least SEATs of this age only have central locking with deadlocking.
Hi, I'm sorry for the late reply, I kinda gave up looking into this but ended up getting vcds to be able to enable the trip buttons as I retrofitted them, it doesnt have the alarm siren underneath the shuttle but vcds is still bring up the code. 01700 - alarm horn for anti-theft system (H8), 007 - short to ground

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Strange, hopefully someone with that age of car will hand over more info, as the plan is for the alarm siren box to be out of easy reach but able to be in a space from where the noise gets out and gets heard.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members