alarm not making any noise??

jamie_20vt

hi peeps, when i lock my 1.8t ibiza cupra the indicators flash and seems to arm the alarm. but i sat in it today to set it off and the lights flash but doesn't make a sound?? ive also opened the bonnet, held down the switch and locked it and the same happened.

i cant see an alarm buzzer in the engine bay and i took the plastic trim off the scuttle panel and not there either. does it use the horn in the drivers side arch??? im wondering if its been disconected??:confused:

ive searched but didn't find what i was looking for. any help appreciated!!!

jamie_20vt

come on people!!!! also flashing light by door pin isn't working???

jamie_20vt

check your fuses is the best advise i can give if you dont have vagcom.

i'll have a quick look at them tomorrow. there is a strip of fuses behind the drivers side trim and 2 above the relays. are there anymore anywhere else. my mechanic is going to plug it in to his snap-on diagnostics tomorrow as im keen to see if there are any fault codes, also want to make sure its ok before i get revo 5 hour free trial!!:)

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
It uses the horn. Have you tried your horn on it's own? As said, check fuses as my interior and red alarm light stopped working when it blew.

jamie_20vt

right, got the alarm siren fixed. the siren is located just above the 2 horns in the drivers side wheel arch and is a round metal disk shape. its completely seperate from the horn, i plugged the alarm siren wire in to one of the horns to check its feedand it went off. so a little AC90 later and all is sorted. just the LED to fix now!!!

hope this helps for future reference!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.