Alexa - How?

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
Anyone else having issues locating alexa?

I assume I go to the store? All I have there is online infotainment. Not sure where to go from here. Cupra UK told me it wasnt available.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Can I ask how you downloaded it? I am trying and it's asking for a "Tax ID no". What the hell is that?

I put in a made up number and it won't download
I just clicked on the icon and followed the instructions to download and set it up. It didn’t ask me for a Tax ID, however I am aware that a few others had the same issue. I think they resolved it by setting an address in the Cupra Connect website, however don’t hold me to it!

Reactions: Napmasterflash

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
I just clicked on the icon and followed the instructions to download and set it up. It didn’t ask me for a Tax ID, however I am aware that a few others had the same issue. I think they resolved it by setting an address in the Cupra Connect website, however don’t hold me to it!
Thanks. I have sorted it now and it's downloaded but saying there is a problem with the internet connection!!

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Thanks. I have sorted it now and it's downloaded but saying there is a problem with the internet connection!!
How did you resolve it? Was it the address in Cupra Connect?

Have you signed up to a data package for the e-sim with Cubic Telecom or paired your phone to the car as a hotspot? You need a data package for it to work.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
How did you resolve it? Was it the address in Cupra Connect?

Have you signed up to a data package for the e-sim with Cubic Telecom or paired your phone to the car as a hotspot? You need a data package for it to work.
I had to set my location as UK which seemed to sort it.

I was setting a hotspot but it didn't seem to work. Had to reboot the screen and the it was all sorted. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
If anyone uses Alexa for music etc I have just managed to set this up using the app in the car and my phone's hotspot with an app that turns the hotspot on and off automatically when it connects and disconnects from the Bluetooth. After a day it's still working ok.....

It's nice just to ask for any song and off you go

Reactions: ninja_geezer

sarafianl

May 25, 2021
Worcester Park
Hi Folks,

I had issues getting this going and finally worked it out. Far from obvious!
If you go into the store and select alexa you'll get an error about adding a seat Id? Completely unhelpful message. Turns out you cannot directly install the app this way.
You have to go to https://my.seat/portal/ and sign in. Once in go to Web store and you'll be able to to order amazon alexa. It's a bit buggy as once ordered the Web page just stays on saying processing and never suggests it's complete. What you next have to look out for is 2 emails from seat. The first says they have your order and it will be processed. The second says they activated it for you.
Now go back to the car, go to store and you'll be able to download and install alexa. Once installed open the app, confirm language, and it will want to pair with your amazon account. It should provide a QR code for you to scan and it will open up amazon login. Add the car to your devices and its authenticated.
Next you'll see the alexa app in the menus of the car. Now I don't think you can stream anything with the car esim using alexa. Seems to just pause. I flicked it to WiFi and it came to life. So looks like you need to use your phone as a WiFi ap to take advantage of this.
The thread prior by Napmasterflash talks about automating the phone WiFi ap to activate when connecting or disconnecting to the car Bluetooth. There are apps like automate that can do this if you search around. Otherwise you have to manually enable the phone ap evetytime you enter the car. Hope that helps.

sarafianl

May 25, 2021
Worcester Park
If anyone uses Alexa for music etc I have just managed to set this up using the app in the car and my phone's hotspot with an app that turns the hotspot on and off automatically when it connects and disconnects from the Bluetooth. After a day it's still working ok.....

Napmasterflash, what app are you using to automate the phone WiFi ap please?

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Napmasterflash, what app are you using to automate the phone WiFi ap please?
Carspot Ready. It's been working really well and just runs in the background on my phone and then vibrates and plays a sound to say it's connected.

I have added a short cut to the Alexa app to the icons along the bottom as I am finding I need to press it once to launch it but once it's launched it then works off your voice

sarafianl

May 25, 2021
Worcester Park
Carspot Ready. It's been working really well and just runs in the background on my phone and then vibrates and plays a sound to say it's connected.

I have added a short cut to the Alexa app to the icons along the bottom as I am finding I need to press it once to launch it but once it's launched it then works off your voice
Thanks for that Napmasterflash👍

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
Hi Folks,

I had issues getting this going and finally worked it out. Far from obvious!
If you go into the store and select alexa you'll get an error about adding a seat Id? Completely unhelpful message. Turns out you cannot directly install the app this way.
You have to go to https://my.seat/portal/ and sign in. Once in go to Web store and you'll be able to to order amazon alexa. It's a bit buggy as once ordered the Web page just stays on saying processing and never suggests it's complete. What you next have to look out for is 2 emails from seat. The first says they have your order and it will be processed. The second says they activated it for you.
Now go back to the car, go to store and you'll be able to download and install alexa. Once installed open the app, confirm language, and it will want to pair with your amazon account. It should provide a QR code for you to scan and it will open up amazon login. Add the car to your devices and its authenticated.
Next you'll see the alexa app in the menus of the car. Now I don't think you can stream anything with the car esim using alexa. Seems to just pause. I flicked it to WiFi and it came to life. So looks like you need to use your phone as a WiFi ap to take advantage of this.
The thread prior by Napmasterflash talks about automating the phone WiFi ap to activate when connecting or disconnecting to the car Bluetooth. There are apps like automate that can do this if you search around. Otherwise you have to manually enable the phone ap evetytime you enter the car. Hope that helps.
Excellent guide, just enabled on my car. Thanks for your efforts.

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021

How do you set this up?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.