Alex's ovni yellow k03s Take 2!!!

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
Haha it will be on soon!! Think the wee ibiza will be making way for an evo 7 next winter, insurance is far less than i was expecting for it, dunno if i fancy the running costs though haha

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
Only at college 1 day a week next year so will only be drivin up once every 2 weeks n will get the bus to work :p worked it out about 3k a year on MLR including insurance, still alot though haha you still off work?? Im off today windows stuck down on the car think the relays pumped so its in at craigs garage just now :(

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
not updated in a wee while, going to order my b pillar vinyl tomorrow when i get paid if i dont decide to use the gloss black i have lyin about, not sure gloss black would look right?? also going to fit my front mount when i get a chance, maybe this weekend if i can find somewhere to work on it, just using standard pipework route till i get round to re-routing it. At the moment ive decided im just keeping the cupra and going down the hybrid route i think, lookin at the new badger5 hybrid at the moment but not sure what route ill be taking! keep looking at mk5 r32s and evos etc but dont want to have to pay a loan off for a car especially when i love the wee cupra anyway!
wee pic for something to look at lol
379437_326072967418350_100000469479138_1348411_394394679_n.jpg

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
Was actually considering a vr6 as a runabout n go daft on the cupra but it wont get the use so no really worth it! Mk5 r32 with the optional recaros and on its arse with straight pipes is VERY appealing though!

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
update time!!!

totally lost the love in the ibiza recently. as i get the bus to and from work when im in the yard ( on block release ATM so switch between college and the shipyard!) the wee cupra has been lying looking and feeling sorry for its self, the battery had gone flat as it had barely turned a wheel, a coilpack died the first few miles of driving it, a wheel bearing is on its way out, the gear linkage needs sorted as its a bit picky when going for 3rd gear atm and can hear it rattle! the window regulator STILL hasnt been sorted, the rear brakes are beginning to sieze and the discs are shot, i have a feeling the passenger side CV joint is on its way out aswell the callipers are odd colours front to back and the wheels are very tatty ( i always planned to have them refurbished after the bad weather as they were tatty when i bought them) the exhaust brackets are rusting and need replaced which is causing the exhaust to sag, needs a rear wiper and front wipers and lots of other annoying things like the interior door handles peeling and so on and so forth. As i was at wits end with it after another coilpack dying last night 2 weeks after i last replaced one i was seriously considering breaking the car and buying something cheap to run about in untill after my holiday to Australia / Bali in summer, and buy an evo when i get back! However a facebook status about breaking the car and everybody replying saying to keep it and even people messaging me and texting me telling me to stick with it, and a friend telling me the comparison in prices for parts for an evo compared to my car never mind the increased insurance, tax, fuel costs and actually saving up to buy the thing, i have decided to get the finger out and get the car the way i planned to get it!!

SO have spent the last few hours working out what im going to do and have been pricing up everything i need! heres a list of what i have / need over the coming days/weeks/months/years :lol:

new battery - got one just needs fitted
front aero wipers - on order
rear polo 9n wiper arm and aero blade - on order
full set of coilpacks - probably bolt on but considering the 2.0tfsi swap
rear callipers are being stripped, rebuilt and painted yellow when weather permits
new OE rear pads and discs
front callipers stripped cleaned and painted yellow
wheels refurbished gloss black or anthracite
new interior handles - may have the existing ones carbon wrapped to see if i could live with that as replacements are bound to wind up the same as my current ones!
cambelt / waterpump kit
paint cam cover / inlet manifold wrinkle black
polish charge pipe
Fit my fmic and possibly have stainless pipework made up ( would tig weld it all myself as im an apprentice pipe fitter / pipe welder but no welding gear at home and not got much experience welding stainless pipe so would rather get an experienced person to do it for me atm)
downpipe / full system?? not decided my options with this yet
sort ding on pass side wing and small chip on pass side door
stage 2 map once i have FMIC and exhaust sorted
fluid change when cambelt etc gets done, was changed less than 2k ago but like knowing the oils nice and fresh!
DETAIL IT!!!!
new seats aswell - probably recaro speeds
long term plans are a LSD and more power!!!!!![B)]

anything else needing done will be delt with as and when it needs sorted hopefully. going to be skint between this and paying my holiday lol!

in other news my splitter fell victim to the snow and my B pillars are finally matt black!!! :funk: will try and sort photos once the cars looking a bit better. also going to try and keep on top of this thread and document everything thats being done and hopefully that will help keep me interested aswell!

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
small update, didn't realise just how long it is since i updated it although nothing major has been done, but wheels have been refurbed!!

534925_421283547897291_100000469479138_1620005_1584759926_n.jpg

will get a photo of the car later at some point!!

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
haha dont worry mate just the flash off the camera!! washed it and gave it a coat of wax today, was clayed and polished the other week but didnt get a chance to wax it!

576423_427255330633446_100000469479138_1639780_291934404_n.jpg

callipers desperately need a lick of paint, hopefully the weather improves n ill get it done this week at some point