Alhambra 2.0 TDI tapping sound, no start, fuel issue?

cosmichamster

Jun 18, 2016
Hi folks,

Have a 2012 Alhambra 2.0 TDI 170. Had a few issues when bought at the start of the year but covered by dealer, AdBlue and EGR I believe. Everything was running great and was about to book a service when the reminder popped up, then it started a tapping, maybe like a hydraulic type tapping from engine bay which got gradually worse on the drive home. Went to move it out of the drive and was now really loud and juddery, nothing from anything but 1st gear really and then conked out and won’t start. No fault lights had come on.
Eventually a fault code popped up on my hand scanner, P0087 fuel pressure?
Belt was changed a few years ago at around 60k and now has 85k.

Have since managed to get it to mechanic who said it is showing as fuel pump with him but he believes pump is working. He’s trying to get hold of VW software so I’m assuming vagcom to see if it throws up anything else.

Any suggestions welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mar 5, 2022
Hi folks,

Have a 2012 Alhambra 2.0 TDI 170. Had a few issues when bought at the start of the year but covered by dealer, AdBlue and EGR I believe. Everything was running great and was about to book a service when the reminder popped up, then it started a tapping, maybe like a hydraulic type tapping from engine bay which got gradually worse on the drive home. Went to move it out of the drive and was now really loud and juddery, nothing from anything but 1st gear really and then conked out and won’t start. No fault lights had come on.
Eventually a fault code popped up on my hand scanner, P0087 fuel pressure?
Belt was changed a few years ago at around 60k and now has 85k.

Have since managed to get it to mechanic who said it is showing as fuel pump with him but he believes pump is working. He’s trying to get hold of VW software so I’m assuming vagcom to see if it throws up anything else.

Any suggestions welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hello,

Sorry to hear and hope you have got it sorted already.
It well might be fuel injectors being loose.
Get this checked, add set of new seals if it is and hopefully you are back on road.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members