Alhambra (65) - MIB/SATNAV/ANDROID AUTO QUESTION

Sep 18, 2021
Hiya,

Sorry if I’m being dense and asking something already in the archives.

I bought an Alhambra Xcellence (65) a couple years ago and had some fun and games with it (dreaded leaking sunroof) which are now fixed.

I also upgraded the infotainment to FullLink for AA compatibility.

The unit has a 2015 SatNav SD card installed.

So I have a few questions.

I’ll begin with the fact that I recently bought the AAwireless adapter for my AndroidAuto setup. The phone will pair with the device, which is plugged into the usb port of the FullLink adapter. It will interact with the adapter and change settings and even fire up AA on the phone wirelessly but the adapter simply does not get recognised on the head unit. Out of hundreds of resets and usb connection setting changes using three different usb c cables, only twice have I even managed to get the head unit to even acknowledge a device and even then only to say that the usb device is not recognised.

Support for the product are stumped… they have them working on other VAG systems and have queried whether a more recent firmware update might fix it on the head unit. Of course, I have no idea how to do firmware updates.

First, whatever infotainment system I have, I see there are different MIB types. What do I have? In system information it lists hardware H20, software 0240, navvdatabase 6P0919866 0430 EC2015/16 and part no 7N5035680A.

Can firmware be upgraded? Does this add features or update the dated user interface on the head unit? Will it enable better compatibility with FullLink and AA devices?

Also is it possible for me to update the sat nav component in the head unit to latest maps? As much as I love Google Maps I sometimes miss the directions integrated into the instrument display on more complex or intense journeys…

Lastly, I have access to VCDS and an OBDII cable. Is there a guide anywhere for which features are available and how to enable them for the Alhambra, please?

Really appreciate the help.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.