Alhambra Second Speed

Oct 14, 2019
Hi

Picked up new Alhambra Xcellence on Friday and been trying to change “Second Speed” on dashboard from kmh (currently showing) to mph.

The book says:

“Second speed display (mph or km/h)
In addition to the speedometer, the speed can also be displayed in a different unit of measurement (in miles or in km per hour). To change the units, in the Settings menu, select the option Second speed
›››  page 26.
Vehicles without menu display on the instru-
ment panel
● Switch on the engine.
● Press button  three times. The odometer display flashes on the instrument panel dis- play.
● Press button 0.0 / SET once. “mph”
or “km/h” is displayed briefly instead of the odometer.
● This activates the second speed display. To switch it off, repeat the procedure.”

I don’t have the Second Speed option and the other option is just taking me to option to change the time.

Strangely, when I use cruise control it shows the set speed in mph but the actual driving speed is in kmh.

Can anyone help/advise.

Thanks in advance

Gregor

Part-time Audi defector
Jul 17, 2001
Berwickshire
"Second Speed" is an option to show your alternate speed in the digital dash ; you would normally enable this if you were spending some time driving in Europe, for example. Basically, it saves you having to keep an eye on dials and calculate your speed from MPH to KPH.

I think what you might be looking for a digital speedometer? That is not available on UK settings ; but can be enabled by changing the region to Australia (legal requirement for digital speedometer over there, but they also use MPH rather than KPH). I believe this is only possible using VCDS or an equivalent. Once you have done that (and disabled second speed), then you should have a digital speedometer option in the instrument cluster.

Here's a link to explain this:

https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/2017/01/12/vcds-activate-big-digital-speedo-mfd-dis-mph/

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise