All in servicing and warranty package for Cupra

Liam

I have a Cupra ST that’s just coming up to 3 years old. I was browsing the Seat website and noticed the new ‘all in’ package that includes 2 MOTs, 2 services, 2 year extended warranty and 2 years roadside assistance for £792. A decent deal IMO. When I called the SEAT dealer, however - they weren’t particularly helpful and as it is a new package- they weren’t sure on the details but doubted that a Cupra would be included. I questioned that as the website states for cars between 3-6 years old and engines ‘under 2.0 litres’- which the Cupra is (marginally). No mention of Cupras being excluded.
Has anyone taken up this package on their Cupra? All cars have to undergo an eligibility check, presumably to make sure there are no existing faults before the 2 year extended warranty kicks in.

Apr 3, 2021
I had my Cupra serviced a couple of weeks ago and hopefully, by the time my next service is due, it’ll be eligible for this. I discussed it with the dealer and they didn’t see any problem whatsoever, only mentioning that it would require an inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I'll be following this as I'm in the same position. My warranty is out at the end of November.

I may checkout some 3rd party ones and will report back

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Liam; The fact that the dealer wasn’t very helpful is probably down to lack of training by Seat (and lack of training material for dealership staff) on the All In product. My experience of car dealerships over the years is that staff are often not really that interested in the product(s) they sell 🤔.

Interesting that Seat’s website gives contradictory information on engine size of cars eligible for the All In product. Here it states it’s for cars with an engine size of 2.0 litres or less;
C7FFF7C1-8711-4A49-BEB8-9A350FE92E2D.jpeg

And here it states engine size of less than 2.0 litres;

8D19F006-6297-4231-9E80-21C51132A585.jpeg

The small print at the bottom of the web page also states 2.0 litres and under;

Valid for vehicles aged 3 to 6 years, with a 2.0L engine or less and under 100,000 miles at activation. Terms, eligibility criteria and exclusions apply. Subject to vehicle check. Services, MOT and any warranty repairs must be undertaken within the duration of the plan. Excludes electric vehicles and vehicles with an existing warranty or service plan. SEAT Financial Services.

So even if the Cupra is considered to have a 2.0 litre engine, I’d say it should be eligible for the All In product, as two of the three references to engine size state that 2.0 litre cars are eligible, provided it meets the other eligibility criteria (vehicle age and mileage). Poor proof checking on the part of Seat’s product / marketing team before putting this content live on the website.

Link to we page below;

Last edited:

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Email [email protected] and ask them. I had an issue where my ex-demo Cupra hadn't been set up with Cupracare, despite being eligible, and they liased with the dealer to get it sorted. So I went from 2 years Roadside and no servicing to 3 services and 3 years roadside.

Liam

Thanks for the replies, I spoke to another dealer today who didn’t think they’d be any reason why the Cupra would be excluded. Booked in for the inspection to activate the All-in one service mid-November alongside an MOT. Apparently the car has to be physically 3 years old or more for it be eligible for all-in activation i.e. not one day sooner, so had to book the inspection on the exact day the car turns 3 years old (and thus the day the MOT runs out) to save having to make 2 trips to the garage. Fortunately the MOT rules state that even if a car is out of date then a direct trip to the test centre is allowed. Can also pay for all-in monthly with no added fees.
A good package I reckon if all goes well. 2 year SEAT servicing and MOTs alone wouldn’t be far off the total price, and the 2 year warranty is good piece of mind. Will report when complete.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
One of the reasons the Cupra is often excluded/more expensive is the fact that the oil capacity is +1.1l greater than the equivalent 2.0l TDI engine due to the oil cooling circuit/additional capacity to dissipate heat.

And it will be the asterix that is the get out.

Attachments

• CCAC2B61-8742-4F73-A3AD-91E4B6526DCD.jpeg
    CCAC2B61-8742-4F73-A3AD-91E4B6526DCD.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 109

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
One of the reasons the Cupra is often excluded/more expensive is the fact that the oil capacity is +1.1l greater than the equivalent 2.0l TDI engine due to the oil cooling circuit/additional capacity to dissipate heat.

And it will be the asterix that is the get out.

Cupras are not excluded. There are no 'Cupra' brand vehicles that are 3+ years old. The Cupra models were all sold as Seat cars back then.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I was referring to the Seat Leon Cupra on the Mk3 board; however, my copper badged Seat is due it’s first MOT next month and the first Cupra Atecas are not too far behind now!

Also, the Seat Leon Cupra has always been excluded from the fixed price servicing, usually in the small print.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I was referring to the Seat Leon Cupra on the Mk3 board; however, my copper badged Seat is due it’s first MOT next month and the first Cupra Atecas are not too far behind now!

Also, the Seat Leon Cupra has always been excluded from the fixed price servicing, usually in the small print.
And for my car with an extended 5 years warranty it’s excluded. Good deal for those coming out of warranty though - 2 years additional warranty was £500 when new.

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
2.0l engines and under (so cupras are fine)
Under 100k miles on the clock.
Under 5 years old.

And your fine. If your local dealer is dodging you they actually have to support the package.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013

Yeah I know... I was referring to the All-in servicing / warranty / MOT / breakdown package, which is what this thread is about... The Mk3 Leon Cupra is not excluded.

You seemed to be suggesting they would try to say it's not eligible as it's a Cupra and not a Seat... that's not an argument they can use for the Mk3 cars.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
The MK3 Leon Cupra isn't excluded

I took my car in for the elegibilty check which passed pending approval from SEAT UK because of the custom exhaust (that the original dealer installed)

Long story short it took a month of back and forth before my local dealer said it was all ok, but as the check is only valid for 7 days I would have to come back in and do it again.

They never got back in touch to rebook and said I sod it after all that effort, decided not to give them my £800 that I was trying to do for the previous month...

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
After seeing the mk4 in the flesh i decided to take the all in package on my carbon edition for peace of mind before I move on to something else. Cupra' s are definatly elligable. Pretty painless and sorted in a week.

Liam

I activated the all-in plan yesterday for 2018 Leon Cupra 300 at same time as the MOT and brake fluid change. Flew through all in check as anticipated. Lucked in as SEAT are currently running a Black Friday special for 25% off the plan. Works out at £24 per month for two years incl 2 services, 2 MOTs, 2 year extended warranty and 2 years breakdown cover. Runs until 14 Dec for anyone interested. Any SEAT dealer can be used- not just the one you activated it at.

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Failed on a sticking boot handle 🤦‍♂️. Of all the bloody things to fail on. Going to pop it out and grease it up. I’ll be rebooking before the deal runs out.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
2.0l engines and under (so cupras are fine)
Under 100k miles on the clock.
Under 5 years old.

And your fine. If your local dealer is dodging you they actually have to support the package.
I'm not so sure. Our local dealer doesn't participate in SEAT's schemes such as getting 'free' breakdown cover when booking a service (regardless of whether you book online or in other ways). That's despite it being listed as a benefit on SEAT's UK website. They used to offer this, but now don't.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
I thought about the “all in package” but presumed that it would exclude modified cars. Couldn’t be bothered with the eligibility check they make you have so got the 2 servicing package instead (major/minor)
Got that booked in for tomorrow and popped into the dealer to straighten a few things out. Barely opened my mouth and they said “oh it doesn’t include air filter or spark plugs by the way” After having flashbacks of another mouthy bint on the service desk I walked out.
SEAT Manchester are an embarrassment, couple of young tarts running the place.