Alpine radio & remote central locking problem

Morosancho

Hi Everyone,

I've got an Leon 130Tdi SE, and recently bought an Alpine X100 radio. I also bought the recommended harness adaptor and aerial adapter from Halfords. The car already came with a Nokia hand free kit that was connected to the standard Aura radio. Since I didn't need that and I took it out.

I followed the instructions and once the Alpine was installed it worked fine, however now the remote central locking doesn't work, and I can only lock it manually!

Sometimes when I lock it, the alarm goes off and have to get back in the car to switch it off at the ignition!

What's going on! Can anyone help?

Many thanks

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
This is something to do with the wiring harness either not being connected properly.

IIRC you dont actually need the halfruads wiring adapter. This could be where you problem lies..

When i fitted my IDA x100 and had a wiring adapter connected, the alarm and locking was going haywire. After i noticed that i didnt need the adapter, just plugged it straight in, all was fine!

:)

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
I think the halfrauds lead swaps a few of the +-12v supplies. It causes the electrics to have a bit of a paddy!

Remove it and i should imagine it will be fine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise