Altea FR review

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Lem said:
AutoExpress seems to rate it - it is a niche car. However...

I'll be losing my company megane soon as I'm changing jobs. My and the missus have been looking at a number of cars that;

Are fun
Do reasonable mileage
Can get all our climbing/walking/kiteboarding gear in, and lug it across uk/europe.
Space/attachments for dog, possible baby (eek), boat.

We've driven the Volvo V50 (solid, but dull), Audi A3 Sportback (expensive and pointless seats), Skoda Octavia (had a thirsty vRS before, vRS Tdi not till Sept), and the new Honda Civic and the Seat Altea.

The Civic we really liked - It had clever folding seats and looked fab. Unfortunately it didn't drive anywhere near as nicely as the Altea. The Altea had more room, and we both really enjoyed driving it - Seemed a nice place to be on long journeys.

Was looking at a 2.0TDi Sport, but have decided to wait for the FR. :D

Bit slow in reading this but had to jump in when I heard you were looking at Civics. My last car was a Civic and..

6 break downs
Boot filled with water
Front suspension replaced
ECU replaced
Faulty alarm
Exterior and Interior trim constantly falling off

This is why, amoungst other things, I rate my Altea so highly. Its so well put together. Have to say, the new Civic looks amazing but after all the problems theres no way I would have one again.

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Oh yes, and on the Altea FR; reviews I have read have been good. But personally, I dont like the look of the alloys, I think the silver mirrors look tacky unless the rest of the car is silver too.

I have enough difficulty driving my own one within the speed limit; would be interesting to take the FR for a spin. I think if I owned one I'd have to kiss goodbye to my license though! :(

nebbers

loadswine said:
I think the testers both had a problem with the conept of anyone wanting a roomy family car that might just be interesting to drive./QUOTE]

If they can't see the point of a sporty MPV, why are they wetting themselves over the S-MAX? That thing looks like a transit with alloys and go faster stripes...

loadswine

loadswine
nebbers said:
loadswine said:
I think the testers both had a problem with the conept of anyone wanting a roomy family car that might just be interesting to drive./QUOTE]

If they can't see the point of a sporty MPV, why are they wetting themselves over the S-MAX? That thing looks like a transit with alloys and go faster stripes...
Nobody's told them its not a Focus ST ! The ASBO just got bigger.:p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.