Altea range facelift for 2009 - official

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Official pics of the facelifted Altea range have been released by SEAT and the car debuts alongside a facelifted Leon Mk2 at the same time.

More info - http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1055&Itemid=1

main.php

main.php

main.php

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Very subtle.

Like the front end, wheels, Climate controls, instruments & steering wheel, not sure about the 2 tone dash & doors though.

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
Can't really see much that's changed :shrug:

Revised front bumper but it misses the honeycomb centre grille update that the leon seems to be getting. Changes at the rear are really subtle, looks like the line above the number plate runs higher and it took me a while to spot the much needed larger window to improve visibility. Actually I don't like it, it reminds me of the C4 Picasso. The multi-coloured interior doesn't do it for me either. There are quite a few different surface textures and materials in there and throwing extra colours in the mix is going to make it look messy I think. Air-con controls look nice and whilst the Sat-Nav looks good its going to be an expensive option that appears on only a few cars.

Good news I suppose is that with so few mods the residuals of the pre-facelift versions might not be unduly affected.

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Glad they havent destroyed the car, subtle changes is all thats needed.

I think the altea was way ahead of its time when released in '04. Car still looks fresh in '09, especially when you see other companies offering very similar designs (Ford, Nissan) now.

Only bugbear would be the boot, solved by the XL I guess.

Last edited:

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Subtle exterior changes but huge interior ones, very much improved and upmarket. It was a case of having too when you look at some of the interiors from Kia and hyundia.