Alternator 110amp or 140amp?

Oct 21, 2020
Hi guys, new here.

Recently bought an ibiza 2.0 tdi fr to replace my wifes old mk4 golf. I've got the battery light on constantly, so I think it needs an alternator.

Only issue is, they list 2 different ones, 110amp or 140amp.is there any way to tell which one is on my car without removing it? I can't see a part number...

Or could I fit either or?

Thabks

Craig

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi guys, new here.

Recently bought an ibiza 2.0 tdi fr to replace my wifes old mk4 golf. I've got the battery light on constantly, so I think it needs an alternator.

Only issue is, they list 2 different ones, 110amp or 140amp.is there any way to tell which one is on my car without removing it? I can't see a part number...

Or could I fit either or?

Thabks

Craig
Hi Craig
There can be a number of resions for the light comming on, have you done any tests? what is the voltage with the engine off and also with the engine running?
also check out the connectors on and around the altenator.

And if you do find the alternator is goosed it would not matter which one to go for as long as the mountings and pully were the same, in fact the higher output would be better

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hello Craig,

Engine code CFHD for 2.0 TDi
I think the OEM alternators are Valeo.

12-14volt X 110amp
6 grooves in pulley for alternator belt.
Used with vehicles with out the auto stop/start function.
Pulley is also free wheeling has no active clutch mechanism.
I think the part number is 03C 903 023B or 03C 903 023D

12-14volt X 140amp
6 grooves in pulley for alternator belt.
Used with vehicles that do have auto stop/start function.
Pulley possibly has active clutch mechanism.
Part number is 06F 903 023C and 06F 903 023F

Also if your alternator is the original one, it should have a large white sticker/label on the back of it, very close to where the multi plug fits, this label should tell you the amps and have the SEAT OEM part number also.
You might have to use a LED torch and small mirror to be able to read the label.

NOTE!
Also as RADIOTWO has mentioned have you checked the simple things first.

Hope this helps
Si

Reactions: Woody_72
Oct 21, 2020
Hi guys thanks for the responses!

I should have said, yes have checked voltage output at alternator. It's not putting anything out. All connectors etc.. Look good...

I've had a look in the daylight and I see a bosch logo on the regulator. I'll get my mirror on a stick out!

Oct 21, 2020
Hi guys, decided against a new alternator. Managed to get a part number off the voltage regulator and got a genuine bosch one of the internet for 30 quid. It arrived this morning and i spent an hour or so this afternoon fitting it. It's cured the problem. Cheaper than a new alternator and a lot easier than changing out the alternator.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: SEAT Rule

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hi guys, decided against a new alternator. Managed to get a part number off the voltage regulator and got a genuine bosch one of the internet for 30 quid. It arrived this morning and i spent an hour or so this afternoon fitting it. It's cured the problem. Cheaper than a new alternator and a lot easier than changing out the alternator.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Craig,

good to hear you've fixed your alternator and only cost £30, top man ?

Si

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.