am i just being thick or......?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i've had my tdi130 for 2 weeks and its my 1st SEAT and i'm in the process of trying to fit a lower strut brace and lower wishbone bushes:confused: .

my question is:confused: , are the bolts that hold the wishbones on imperial sizes or are SEAT only tools required?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
thats what i was thinking!
but the main bolt where the lower brace will locate is slightly smaller than an 18mm, certainly don't want to round and bolt heads.

i have managed to find an old 11/16" spanner which fits spot on but i don't have a matching socket to fit the brace!

any ideas as to how the wishbone is removed from the rear wishbone bush?

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
They should be metric. I don't know about those particular bolts but elsewhere on the car SEAT use star or torx bolts.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the lower arm bolts are 17mm iirc most the bolts are 16mm in the suspension area. multi splined sockets are a Vag thing also used on driveshaft nut and sterring knuckle lower bolt i belive is a female torx socket which you will need to remove the lower arm but if you dont have that just use some mole grips

ScottSaxp

i have found this on a number of euro cars around the suspension that the bolt maybe metric and the nut imperial. Others have found both metric. Weird.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
got my my top and bottom braces on, going to get my mechanic to do the bushes next weekend!

did notice the driveshaft nut rashcupra, can the socket that fits that be bought fro VAG?
i guessing i shall get a no response to that!!!!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i bought mine off the snap on man for £25 just for 1 socket (impact) :D but tools earn me a living so its gotta be done

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if its anything to with VAG even the most simple job uses 3/4 different size bolts

crazy germans they like to be exact

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.