am i mad wanting to sell my fr550

smilley792

May 1, 2008
Or just take the car out for a good drive ... surely that's the point of buying something like this?

good point, and is what i am doing at moment, it just would be nice to take them blast when iw ant, or have time, not cos i have to, kinda spoils the enjoyment

Al

Aug 29, 2005
who dismissed it, there not open at the moment so the search goes onto see if i can find anything know,

Here is the contact information for Monday morning then mate

http://www.millteksport.com/contact.cfm

Charlie will be able to help you there - a good bunch of folk there at Milltek and very accomodating.

Ask them about the ECU tie ins and the benefits and issues of adding a downpipe with the dpf bypass :)

It will be interesting to hear your opinion on the car with no dpf.

0845 200 8150

smilley792

May 1, 2008
Out of interest, what constitutes a 'blast' ... 20 minutes of full throttle and all the gears?

if i have to go because of the dpf, then i play around the country roads, till the light turns off.

when i'm in the mood, i can go play for ours on all our b roads, although i havent gone for that long in this car yet.

cheers dude, already saved the page as a link for monday morning, going down to jbs in the mornign though to see of they have anything in the pipelines too

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Sorry to hear your still having problems, until i moved i used to do have a 5 minute run to work but luckily i worked nights so the roads were clear and i could have a blast, hence never ever seen the DPF light.... now i have a boring 30 minute commute but its all dual carriageway and motorway so again no problems....

Dont really know what the answer is, but how about going to the dealer and looking for a new standard 2l tdi with body kit, wouldnt be too much slower if you got it mapped and no DPF.... thats if you havent had enough of Leons by now!!!

You could always move further away from work...!

smilley792

May 1, 2008
we are trying to move as i want a garage, never thopught of it too do with the car, an excuse to convince the missus to move along way, rather than round the corner like she does.

to be honest i love this car, the fact the fr550 has cupra seats, make it very comfortable, and i dont think non fr look as good.
plus and i'm not sure on this, but i think the 140 know come with dpf's.

my contact irfan and see what he'll offer me as trade in on a cupra, or just go back to a 3year old a3, not to sure yet

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
You know whats gonna happen.... you chop it in for a Cupra... brilliant... then the missus finds a fantastic house miles away and you end up skint from the move and cant afford to run the Cupra.... then end up on Jeremy Kyle.... "I love my car, but i miss my Wife...."

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Remove DPF, add turbo back system and uprated intake, get custom map to 230bhp and 400ft-lbs and enjoy Cupra performance with TDi ecomony :thumbup:

The biggest drop in value a car suffers is in year 1. You are gonna lose approx £4-5k to chop in your car for a Cupra - take it from a Cupra owner - its not worth that as a premium over the 170TDi especially when you think that the Cupra resale values are likely to get shafted thanks to stupid petrol prices.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Sounds good, expensive but good :)

You know anyone that has done this?

I am sure someone on here has done it, albeit a while back. The dpf is the single biggest issue stopping the 170TDi from getting big gains after a remap as it cant clear itself quick enough and goes on fire. This is the reason remaps were not available for the 170 for a long time and the gain from a remap is minimal thanks to the dpf. This is the reason keith sold his 170FR TDI for an ed30, and quite a few others. The old 150PD TDi remaps safely to the same figure.

I will try doing a search for you on here, but I am sure 220-230bhp was the figure thrown about. Add that to diesel torque, and you have an absolute flying machine with good economy.

smilley792

May 1, 2008
what the hell has that got to do with the thread. and go tell that to the seat btcc team. wierdo

anyway, not to bothered about more power, am just looking into having the dpf removed, but the rest of the system standard. which will come with a remap anyway, as it is needed to get rid of ecu probs when dpf is gone

Xe

I think you should have bought a SEAT Leon Cupra TFSi. 5min drive each day is not long enough to get engine hot for long enough to make it economical on a diesel. Basically you bought the wrong car for your needs.
What king of total MPG (from display) are you getting on your 5 min trips? So no your not mad for wanting to sell it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.