Android Auto

Feb 6, 2019
Hi so have a Seat Leon fr and connect with. Samsung galaxy notes9 it has been working fine till a few days ago when I keeps disconnecting and saying connection failed ? Anyone else had issues with android auto ?

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
In my old Civic I had an aftermarket headunit with Android Auto.
Very often I'd get a connection error, most of the time it was down to small debris in the charging port.
Try a can of compressed air to blow it out, or use a small pin to scrap anything you can see.
Sometimes a simple restart of the phone fixes connection issues.

Feb 6, 2019
In my old Civic I had an aftermarket headunit with Android Auto.
Very often I'd get a connection error, most of the time it was down to small debris in the charging port.
Try a can of compressed air to blow it out, or use a small pin to scrap anything you can see.
Sometimes a simple restart of the phone fixes connection issues.

Thanks have tried the restart will try air

QTom

Sep 22, 2017
I have had the same issue with my 2017 Cupra 300. It works for a while then I just randomly get the message that it disconnected and it seems to not work until I restart the phone.

Out of interest, could you take a picture of your system info page (with the software version number etc)? I only noticed this issue after the dealer updated the system to fix an issue with the sat nav so I am curious if this might be something to do with it.

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
Its definitely the Unit. We all have the same issue, but different leads and phones. It appears CarPlay has no such errors

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
It works fine, until it doesn't for no apparent reason. Press and hold head unit power button until it reboots, then it works fine again - for awhile

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
After spending literally years bitching to my dealer, on the last service (literally last, cause warranty is coming to the end and they will never see the car after that...) I got them to update the head unit software - and only because I said "warranty is coming to an end, stop giving me excuses and you do it NOW"

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
Has this a couple of times. Always seems to be fixed by getting a new lead. Dunno why, but they just don't seem to last. Maybe it's the heat and cold.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Total pain and on my wifes VXL Corsa.
Bought 8 different leads of HI and LO quality some with extra internals and micro circuits and right angles off ebay. No good.
Just dug out the box and used original OE leads for the phone.
CURED

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
I've had issues with Android auto in multiple cars using Samsung or OnePlus devices, particularly Samsung.

Anytime I use Google Pixels I don't encounter issues.

I too am starting to see this. Never had issue with CarPlay, always on AndroidAuto and always on Samsung. Android10 cured most of my issues with AA except me having to connect 3-4 times before it finally starts.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
The disconnects are a known issue with the software. Try it again and you'll notice it only ever does it with a nearly fully charged battery. My Note 9 does it when it hits 91%, every time without fail.

So you'll be waiting until Google update the AA app and patch it out, basically! It's been reported and acknowledged so hopefully in the next couple of months.

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
Noticed this post last week and my s9 has been doing my head in disconnecting lately (had been fine) put it on a few times this week from no issues when phone was around 20% gets to about 70% and refuses connection so now I guess I know how bit maybe not how to fix it

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I would start by trying a new USB lead. My old lead would disconnect at times, replaced it and it has been fine since.

Reactions: Walone
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members