Angel eyes 93-96 & 96-99 different?

es_one

After alot of searching in different forums and internet about the angel eyes
I still would like to know If someone really knows for sure:
Is there any difference between the 93-96 and 96-99 Ibiza 6K headlights?

As I can see some ebay sellers write angel eyes 93-96 and others 96-99..and some also writing: 93-99 fits all..Im confused :think:

Can someone here tell for sure whats true?

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
They changed the front wings and grille with the face-lift Mk2 ibiza - so I'd say that there should be two different lights. The standard lights aren't interchangeable between pre/post facelift cars, so I can't see how angel eyes would be.

es_one

They changed the front wings and grille with the face-lift Mk2 ibiza - so I'd say that there should be two different lights. The standard lights aren't interchangeable between pre/post facelift cars, so I can't see how angel eyes would be.

So in other words there are 2 different angel eyes out there.. 1 for 93-96 and
1 for 96-99?
Why does alot of sellers keep saying: fitt all 93-99 :confused:

f17th

was a 1999 2.0 8v gti
Aug 13, 2006
West Sussex
Probably because they dont care if they fit or not,

Either that or they dont know enough about the Ibiza with regards to the facelift and change of front end to tell the difference.

Mckellar

definately wont fit mate, people on here had em on, but custom fitted.
any i have seen now say 93-96!
everyone has been waiting a long time for facelift ones to come out, but it wont be anytime soon i cant imagine! :cry:

es_one

definately wont fit mate, people on here had em on, but custom fitted.
any i have seen now say 93-96!
everyone has been waiting a long time for facelift ones to come out, but it wont be anytime soon i cant imagine! :cry:

Im still not 100% sure about it..
A found alot of Sellers on ebay still that say 96-99 and so..
http://search.ebay.de/search/search...1&from=R8&satitle=seat+ibiza+angel&category0=

also take a look at these:
1998 Ibiza
460459.jpg

1997 Ibiza
341914.jpg

1996 Ibiza mk2 (original grill onlyd modified with mesh tells the owner)
485016.jpg

Mckellar

i also think, to confuse matters further, they are LHD, which means u could technically get pulled for them and they "shouldnt" pass an mot, but i know my mot station would turn a blind eye.

common ritual around here is 93-96 / 96-99
im taking no chances in buying "but it may fit"

es_one

i also think, to confuse matters further, they are LHD, which means u could technically get pulled for them and they "shouldnt" pass an mot, but i know my mot station would turn a blind eye.

QUOTE]

Well,that should not be a problem for me since I live In norway where we have LHD ;)

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
i want them and ive been looking at them for some time... i think i might buy them in a week or so ive got a 99 soo hmm i aint too sure if they would fit.

EMM4

Ebay have them..... I nearly bought them a couple of months ago but they are for left hand drive!:cry:

beams are just the wrong way.

If I win the lottery I would be able to clear this argument up by buying a facelift and a pre facelift. Then buy both sets of lights and then show you all the results.

Maybe I should start buying a lottery ticket lol

es_one

But Is there anyone who really knows for sure that there are same headlights from 93 to 99?
seems like no one really knwo for sure but only thoughts.. :confused:

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
I just wish that the Black Angel Eyes didnt look so damn gorgeous then we could all just forget about zee bloody germans... i wonder how many people we would need to get together to ask a german to make us some RHD ones with the correct beams for a 96-99. I would have some definately...anyone else??

Think you would need 100+ people greg before they would go into production.

The thing with them being 1 piece elimates the difference of the actual fittings of the 2 piece headlights from the pre-facelift and facelift. It's only down to the grill and wings.

Plus they are for LHD.

monkee

Yes im naked in my avatar
I just wish that the Black Angel Eyes didnt look so damn gorgeous then we could all just forget about zee bloody germans... i wonder how many people we would need to get together to ask a german to make us some RHD ones with the correct beams for a 96-99. I would have some definately...anyone else??

I defo would make that purchase! We could setup a charity and send lots of cash over to Germany, and see if we could persuade someone there to create an RHD set! I'm not shaving or colouring anything for fundraising purposes though...

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire

I would DEFINITELLY buy a set of the Black ones as well. They look sh*t hot :clap:

Mig

es_one

Okey today I ordered one set of these black angel eyes for my Ibiza 99..
The seller told It would fit for 93-99 so..hehe..Lets see If they fit or Not ;)
I`ll come back with updates when I recive the Lights..
By the way I live In norway where whe have LHD so No problem for me about the beam :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise